Rolled-up inductor structure for a radiofrequency integrated circuit (RFIC)
A rolled-up inductor structure for a radiofrequency integrated circuit (RFIC) comprises a multilayer sheet in a rolled configuration comprising multiple turns about a longitudinal axis. The multilayer sheet comprises a conductive pattern layer on a strain-relieved layer, and the conductive pattern layer comprises at least one conductive strip having a length extending in a rolling direction. The at least one conductive strip thereby wraps around the longitudinal axis in the rolled configuration. The conductive pattern layer may also comprise two conductive feed lines connected to the conductive strip for passage of electrical current therethrough. The conductive strip serves as an inductor cell of the rolled-up inductor structure.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Oct 10
- Research Org:
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, Urbana, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS
Other works cited in this record:Electroless deposition of novel Ag–W thin films
journal, November 2003
- Bogush, V.; Inberg, A.; Croitoru, N.
- Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 70, Issue 2-4, p. 489-494
InGaAs/GaAs 3D architecture formation by strain-induced self-rolling with lithographically defined rectangular stripe arrays
journal, April 2008
- Chun, I. S.; Verma, V. B.; Elarde, V. C.
- Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 310, Issue 7-9, p. 2353-2358
Optical properties of rolled-up tubular microcavities from shaped nanomembranes
journal, April 2009
- Kiravittaya, S.; Bolaños Quiñones, V. A.; Benyoucef, M.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 94, Issue 14, Article No. 141901
Nanomechanical Architecture of Strained Bilayer Thin Films: From Design Principles to Experimental Fabrication
journal, December 2005
- Huang, M.; Boone, C.; Roberts, M.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 23, p. 2860-2864
Thinning and Shaping Solid Films into Functional and Integrative Nanomembranes
journal, April 2012
- Huang, Gaoshan; Mei, Yongfeng
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 24, Issue 19, p. 2517-2546
Self-rolled-up microtube ring resonators: a review of geometrical and resonant properties
journal, January 2011
- Li, Xiuling
- Advances in Optics and Photonics, Vol. 3, Issue 4, p. 366-387
Strain induced semiconductor nanotubes from formation process to device applications
journal, September 2008
- Li, Xiuling
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 41, Issue 19, Article No. 193001
Modelling and fabrication of low operation temperature microcages with a polymer/metal/DLC trilayer structure
journal, November 2006
- Luo, J. K.; Huang, R.; He, J. H.
- Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 132, Issue 1, p. 346-353
Modeling of silicon nitride deposition by RF plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition
journal, January 1994
- Masi, Maurizio; Besana, Giambattista; Canzi, Lorenzo
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 49, Issue 5, p. 669-679
Versatile Approach for Integrative and Functionalized Tubes by Strain Engineering of Nanomembranes on Polymers
journal, November 2008
- Mei, Yongfeng; Huang, Gaoshan; Solovev, Alexander A.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, Issue 21, p. 4085-4090
Residual stress improvement of platinum thin film in Au/Pt/Ti/p-GaAs ohmic contact by RF sputtering power
journal, November 2012
- Parvizian, M.; Rahimi-Ashtari, F.; Goodarzi, A.
- Applied Surface Science, Vol. 260, p. 77-79
Free-standing and overgrown InGaAs/GaAs nanotubes, nanohelices and their arrays
journal, February 2000
- Prinz, V. Ya; Seleznev, V. A.; Gutakovsky, A. K.
- Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, Vol. 6, Issue 1-4, p. 828-831
Morphological Differentiation of Neurons on Microtopographic Substrates Fabricated by Rolled-Up Nanotechnology
journal, September 2010
- Schulze, Sabine; Huang, Gaoshan; Krause, Matthias
- Advanced Engineering Materials, Vol. 12, Issue 9, p. B558-B564
From rolled-up Si microtubes to SiOx/Si optical ring resonators
journal, May 2007
- Songmuang, R.; Rastelli, A.; Mendach, S.
- Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 84, Issue 5-8, p. 1427-1430
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: