Rolled-up transmission line structure for a radiofrequency integrated circuit (RFIC)
A rolled-up transmission line structure for a radiofrequency integrated circuit (RFIC) comprises a multilayer sheet in a rolled configuration comprising multiple turns about a longitudinal axis, where the multilayer sheet comprises a conductive pattern layer on a strain-relieved layer. The conductive pattern layer comprises a first conductive film and a second conductive film separated from the first conductive film in a rolling direction. In the rolled configuration, the first conductive film surrounds the longitudinal axis, and the second conductive film surrounds the first conductive film. The first conductive film serves as a signal line and the second conductive film serves as a conductive shield for the rolled-up transmission line structure.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois (Urbana, IL) CHO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Oct 10
- Research Org:
- The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, Urbana, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS
Other works cited in this record:Electroless deposition of novel Ag–W thin films
journal, November 2003
- Bogush, V.; Inberg, A.; Croitoru, N.
- Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 70, Issue 2-4, p. 489-494
InGaAs/GaAs 3D architecture formation by strain-induced self-rolling with lithographically defined rectangular stripe arrays
journal, April 2008
- Chun, I. S.; Verma, V. B.; Elarde, V. C.
- Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 310, Issue 7-9, p. 2353-2358
Optical properties of rolled-up tubular microcavities from shaped nanomembranes
journal, April 2009
- Kiravittaya, S.; Bolaños Quiñones, V. A.; Benyoucef, M.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 94, Issue 14, Article No. 141901
Nanomechanical Architecture of Strained Bilayer Thin Films: From Design Principles to Experimental Fabrication
journal, December 2005
- Huang, M.; Boone, C.; Roberts, M.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 23, p. 2860-2864
Thinning and Shaping Solid Films into Functional and Integrative Nanomembranes
journal, April 2012
- Huang, Gaoshan; Mei, Yongfeng
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 24, Issue 19, p. 2517-2546
Self-rolled-up microtube ring resonators: a review of geometrical and resonant properties
journal, January 2011
- Li, Xiuling
- Advances in Optics and Photonics, Vol. 3, Issue 4, p. 366-387
Modelling and fabrication of low operation temperature microcages with a polymer/metal/DLC trilayer structure
journal, November 2006
- Luo, J. K.; Huang, R.; He, J. H.
- Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 132, Issue 1, p. 346-353
Modeling of silicon nitride deposition by RF plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition
journal, January 1994
- Masi, Maurizio; Besana, Giambattista; Canzi, Lorenzo
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 49, Issue 5, p. 669-679
Versatile Approach for Integrative and Functionalized Tubes by Strain Engineering of Nanomembranes on Polymers
journal, November 2008
- Mei, Yongfeng; Huang, Gaoshan; Solovev, Alexander A.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 20, Issue 21, p. 4085-4090
Residual stress improvement of platinum thin film in Au/Pt/Ti/p-GaAs ohmic contact by RF sputtering power
journal, November 2012
- Parvizian, M.; Rahimi-Ashtari, F.; Goodarzi, A.
- Applied Surface Science, Vol. 260, p. 77-79
Free-standing and overgrown InGaAs/GaAs nanotubes, nanohelices and their arrays
journal, February 2000
- Prinz, V. Ya; Seleznev, V. A.; Gutakovsky, A. K.
- Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, Vol. 6, Issue 1-4, p. 828-831
Morphological Differentiation of Neurons on Microtopographic Substrates Fabricated by Rolled-Up Nanotechnology
journal, September 2010
- Schulze, Sabine; Huang, Gaoshan; Krause, Matthias
- Advanced Engineering Materials, Vol. 12, Issue 9, p. B558-B564
From rolled-up Si microtubes to SiOx/Si optical ring resonators
journal, May 2007
- Songmuang, R.; Rastelli, A.; Mendach, S.
- Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 84, Issue 5-8, p. 1427-1430
Strain induced semiconductor nanotubes from formation process to device applications
journal, September 2008
- Li, Xiuling
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 41, Issue 19, Article No. 193001
Arrays of ultrathin silicon solar microcells
patent, March 2014
- Rogers, John A.; Rockett, Angus A.; Nuzzo, Ralph
- US Patent Document 8,679,888
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: