Biological detector and method
A biological detector includes a conduit for receiving a fluid containing one or more magnetic nanoparticle-labeled, biological objects to be detected and one or more permanent magnets or electromagnet for establishing a low magnetic field in which the conduit is disposed. A microcoil is disposed proximate the conduit for energization at a frequency that permits detection by NMR spectroscopy of whether the one or more magnetically-labeled biological objects is/are present in the fluid.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- STC.UNM (Albuquerque, NM) SNL-A
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2012 Dec 17
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION
Other works cited in this record:NMR radiofrequency microcoil design: electromagnetic simulation usefulness.
journal, April 2002
- Armenean, Mircea; Briguet, André; Saint-Jalmes, Hervé
- Comptes Rendus Biologies, Vol. 325, Issue 4, p. 457-463
The signal-to-noise ratio of the nuclear magnetic resonance experiment
journal, October 1976
- Hoult, D. I.; Richards, R. E.
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance (1969), Vol. 24, Issue 1, p. 71-85
Operating nanoliter scale NMR microcoils in a 1 tesla field
journal, September 2007
- McDowell, Andrew F.; Adolphi, Natalie L.
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 188, Issue 1, p. 74-82
Solenoidal microcoil design. Part I: Optimizing RF homogeneity and coil dimensions
journal, January 2001
- Minard, Kevin R.; Wind, Robert A.
- Concepts in Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 13, Issue 2, p. 128-142
Miniature permanent magnet for table-top NMR
journal, January 2003
- Moresi, Giorgio; Magin, Richard
- Concepts in Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 19B, Issue 1, p. 35-43
Design and testing of high sensitivity microreceiver coil apparatus for nuclear magnetic resonance and imaging
journal, April 2001
- Seeber, D. A.; Cooper, R. L.; Ciobanu, L.
- Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 72, Issue 4, p. 2171-2179
1H NMR Detection of superparamagnetic nanoparticles at 1T using a microcoil and novel tuning circuit
journal, August 2006
- Sillerud, Laurel O.; McDowell, Andrew F.; Adolphi, Natalie L.
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 181, Issue 2, p. 181-190
Towards nuclear magnetic resonance μ-spectroscopy and μ-imaging
journal, January 2004
- Bentum, P. J. M. van; Janssen, J. W. G.; Kentgens, A. P. M.
- The Analyst, Vol. 129, Issue 9, p. 793-803
High-Resolution NMR Spectroscopy of Sample Volumes from 1 nL to 10 μL
journal, October 1999
- Lacey, Michael E.; Subramanian, Raju; Olson, Dean L.
- Chemical Reviews, Vol. 99, Issue 10, p. 3133-3152
Planar microcoil-based microfluidic NMR probes
journal, October 2003
- Massin, C.; Vincent, F.; Homsy, A.
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 164, Issue 2, p. 242-255
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: