Celluloytic enzymes, nucleic acids encoding them and methods for making and using them
The invention is directed to polypeptides having any cellulolytic activity, e.g., a cellulase activity, e.g., endoglucanase, cellobiohydrolase, beta-glucosidase, xylanase, mannanse, .beta.-xylosidase, arabinofuranosidase, and/or oligomerase activity, including thermostable and thermotolerant activity, and polynucleotides encoding these enzymes, and making and using these polynucleotides and polypeptides. The polypeptides of the invention can be used in a variety of pharmaceutical, agricultural, food and feed processing and industrial contexts. The invention also provides compositions or products of manufacture comprising mixtures of enzymes comprising at least one enzyme of this invention.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- BP Corporation North America Inc. GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Jan 28
- Research Org:
- BP Corporation North America Inc., Houston, TX, (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Basic local alignment search tool
journal, October 1990
- Altschul, Stephen F.; Gish, Warren; Miller, Webb
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 215, Issue 3, p. 403-410
A new thermostable endoglucanase,Acidothermus cellulolyticus E1: Synergism withTrichoderma reesei CBH I and comparison to Thermomonospora fusca E5
journal, March 1994
- Baker, John O.; Adney, William S.; Nleves, Rafael A.
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Vol. 45-46, Issue 1, p. 245-256
Biotechnological applications of phage and cell display
journal, February 2001
- Benhar, Itai
- Biotechnology Advances, Vol. 19, Issue 1, p. 1-33
Catalytic Plasticity of Fatty Acid Modification Enzymes Underlying Chemical Diversity of Plant Lipids
journal, November 1998
- Broun, Pierre; Shanklin, John; Whittle, Ed
- Science, Vol. 282, Issue 5392, p. 1315-1317
Practical limits of function prediction
journal, January 2000
- Devos, Damien; Valencia, Alfonso
- Proteins: Structure, Function, and Genetics, Vol. 41, Issue 1, p. 98-107
Protein tolerance to random amino acid change
journal, June 2004
- Guo, H. H.; Choe, J.; Loeb, L. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 25, p. 9205-9210
Cellulase for commodity products from cellulosic biomass
journal, August 1999
- Himmel, Michael E.; Ruth, Mark F.; Wyman, Charles E.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 10, Issue 4, p. 358-364
The use of selection in recovery of transgenic targets for mutation analysis
journal, February 1993
- Lundberg, Kelly S.; Kretz, Patricia L.; Scott Provost, G.
- Mutation Research Letters, Vol. 301, Issue 2, p. 99-105
Consolidated bioprocessing of cellulosic biomass: an update
journal, October 2005
- Lynd, Lee R.; van Zyl, Willem H.; McBride, John E.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 16, Issue 5, p. 577-583
Microbial Cellulose Utilization: Fundamentals and Biotechnology
journal, September 2002
- Lynd, L. R.; Weimer, P. J.; van Zyl, W. H.
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, Vol. 66, Issue 3, p. 506-577
Developments in Directed Evolution for Improving Enzyme Functions
journal, August 2007
- Sen, S.; Venkata Dasu, V.; Mandal, B.
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Vol. 143, Issue 3, p. 212-223
Prediction of protein function from protein sequence and structure
journal, January 1999
- Whisstock, James C.; Lesk, Arthur M.
- Quarterly Reviews of Biophysics, Vol. 36, Issue 3, p. 307-340
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: