Beta-alanine/alpha-ketoglutarate aminotransferase for 3-hydroxypropionic acid production
The present disclosure provides novel beta-alanine/alpha ketoglutarate aminotransferase nucleic acid and protein sequences having increased biological activity. Also provided are cells containing such enzymes, as well as methods of their use, for example to produce malonyl semialdehyde and downstream products thereof, such as 3-hydroxypropionic acid and derivatives thereof.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Cargill, Incorporated (Wayzata, MN) DOESC
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Research Org:
- Cargill, Incorporated, Wayzata, MN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 60 APPLIED LIFE SCIENCES; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Catalytic Plasticity of Fatty Acid Modification Enzymes Underlying Chemical Diversity of Plant Lipids
journal, November 1998
- Broun, Pierre; Shanklin, John; Whittle, Ed
- Science, Vol. 282, Issue 5392, p. 1315-1317
Semi-rational approaches to engineering enzyme activity: combining the benefits of directed evolution and rational design
journal, August 2005
- Chica, Roberto A.; Doucet, Nicolas; Pelletier, Joelle N.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 16, Issue 4, p. 378-384
Practical limits of function prediction
journal, January 2000
- Devos, Damien; Valencia, Alfonso
- Proteins: Structure, Function, and Genetics, Vol. 41, Issue 1, p. 98-107
Protein tolerance to random amino acid change
journal, June 2004
- Guo, H. H.; Choe, J.; Loeb, L. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 25, p. 9205-9210
The complete genome of Rhodococcus sp. RHA1 provides insights into a catabolic powerhouse
journal, October 2006
- McLeod, M. P.; Warren, R. L.; Hsiao, W. W. L.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 42, p. 15582-15587
Melamine Deaminase and Atrazine Chlorohydrolase: 98 Percent Identical but Functionally Different
journal, April 2001
- Seffernick, J. L.; de Souza, M. L.; Sadowsky, M. J.
- Journal of Bacteriology, Vol. 183, Issue 8, p. 2405-2410
Developments in Directed Evolution for Improving Enzyme Functions
journal, August 2007
- Sen, S.; Venkata Dasu, V.; Mandal, B.
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Vol. 143, Issue 3, p. 212-223
Prediction of protein function from protein sequence and structure
journal, January 1999
- Whisstock, James C.; Lesk, Arthur M.
- Quarterly Reviews of Biophysics, Vol. 36, Issue 3, p. 307-340
Conversion of a β-Ketoacyl Synthase to a Malonyl Decarboxylase by Replacement of the Active-Site Cysteine with Glutamine
journal, September 1999
- Witkowski, Andrzej; Joshi, Anil K.; Lindqvist, Ylva
- Biochemistry, Vol. 38, Issue 36, p. 11643-11650
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: