Methods for producing 3-hydroxypropionic acid and other products
This invention relates to metabolically engineered microorganism strains, such as bacterial strains, in which there is an increased utilization of malonyl-CoA for production of a chemical product, which includes 3-hydroxypropionic acid.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of Colorado, a Body Corporate (Denver, CO) ARPA-E
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Jun 12
- Research Org:
- The Regents of the University of Colorado, a Body Corporate, Denver, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Induction of specific base-pair substitutions in E. coli trpA mutants by chloroenthylene oxide, a carcinogenic vinyl chloride metabolite
journal, November 1985
- Barbin, Alain; Besson, Francoise; Perrard, Marie-Hélène
- Mutation Research/Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis, Vol. 152, Issue 2-3, p. 147-156
Engineered ketol-acid reductoisomerase and alcohol dehydrogenase enable anaerobic 2-methylpropan-1-ol production at theoretical yield in Escherichia coli
journal, May 2011
- Bastian, Sabine; Liu, Xiang; Meyerowitz, Joseph T.
- Metabolic Engineering, Vol. 13, Issue 3, p. 345-352
The biological degradation of cellulose
journal, January 1994
- Beguin, Pierre; Aubert, Jean-Paul
- FEMS Microbiology Reviews, Vol. 13, Issue 1, p. 25-58
Catalytic Plasticity of Fatty Acid Modification Enzymes Underlying Chemical Diversity of Plant Lipids
journal, November 1998
- Broun, Pierre; Shanklin, John; Whittle, Ed
- Science, Vol. 282, Issue 5392, p. 1315-1317
Semi-rational approaches to engineering enzyme activity: combining the benefits of directed evolution and rational design
journal, August 2005
- Chica, Roberto A.; Doucet, Nicolas; Pelletier, Joelle N.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 16, Issue 4, p. 378-384
Cloning, crystallization and preliminary characterization of a β-carbonic anhydrase from Escherichia coli
journal, September 2000
- Cronk, Jeff D.; O'Neill, Jason W.; Cronk, Michelle R.
- Acta Crystallographica Section D Biological Crystallography, Vol. 56, Issue 9, p. 1176-1179
Thermal regulation of membrane lipid fluidity in bacteria
journal, February 1983
- de Mendoza, Diego; Cronan, John E.
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences, Vol. 8, Issue 2, p. 49-52
Practical limits of function prediction
journal, January 2000
- Devos, Damien; Valencia, Alfonso
- Proteins: Structure, Function, and Genetics, Vol. 41, Issue 1, p. 98-107
Structure of the EntB Multidomain Nonribosomal Peptide Synthetase and Functional Analysis of Its Interaction with the EntE Adenylation Domain
journal, April 2006
- Drake, Eric J.; Nicolai, David A.; Gulick, Andrew M.
- Chemistry & Biology, Vol. 13, Issue 4, p. 409-419
Genome-wide screening for trait conferring genes using DNA microarrays
journal, May 2002
- Gill, R. T.; Wildt, S.; Yang, Y. T.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 99, Issue 10, p. 7033-7038
Identification and cloning of the Mycobacterium avium folA gene, required for dihydrofolate reductase activity
journal, November 1997
- Zywno-van Ginkel, Sabrina; Dooley, Thomas P.; Suling, William J.
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol. 156, Issue 1, p. 69-78
Engineering primary metabolic pathways of industrial micro-organisms
journal, March 2007
- Kern, Alexander; Tilley, Emma; Hunter, Iain S.
- Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 129, Issue 1, p. 6-29
Dihydrolipoamide Dehydrogenase Mutation Alters the NADH Sensitivity of Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex of Escherichia coli K-12
journal, March 2008
- Kim, Y.; Ingram, L. O.; Shanmugam, K. T.
- Journal of Bacteriology, Vol. 190, Issue 11, p. 3851-3858
Polypeptide Release Factors in Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes
journal, January 2002
- Kisselev, Lev
- Structure, Vol. 10, Issue 1, p. 8-9
A new preparation of trifluoromethanesulfinate salts
journal, July 2007
- Langlois, Bernard R.; Billard, Thierry; Mulatier, Jean-Christophe
- Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, Vol. 128, Issue 7, p. 851-856
A process for microbial hydrocarbon synthesis: Overproduction of fatty acids in Escherichia coli and catalytic conversion to alkanes
journal, June 2010
- Lennen, Rebecca M.; Braden, Drew J.; West, Ryan M.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 106, Issue 2, p. 193-202
Unprecedented acetoacetyl-coenzyme A synthesizing enzyme of the thiolase superfamily involved in the mevalonate pathway
journal, June 2010
- Okamura, E.; Tomita, T.; Sawa, R.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 107, Issue 25, p. 11265-11270
Metabolic engineering of aromatic group amino acid pathway in Bacillus subtilis for L-phenylalanine production
journal, November 2004
- Özçelik, İlknur Şenver; Çalık, Pinar; Çalık, Güzide
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 59, Issue 22-23, p. 5019-5026
A mild and efficient method for esterification and transesterification catalyzed by iodine
journal, January 2002
- Ramalinga, K.; Vijayalakshmi, P.; Kaimal, T. N. B.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 43, Issue 5, p. 879-882
Compositions and methods for 3-hydroxypropionate bio-production from biomass
patent, November 2011
- Lynch, Michael D.
- US Patent Document 8,048,624
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: