United States Department of Energy
Energy Link System (E-Link)
DOE STI Management System
|Announcement Notice 241.3
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANNOUNCEMENT NOTICE 241.3
ALL REQUIRED* FIELDS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE A DOCUMENT CAN BE ATTACHED IN PART II.
Report/Product Number Required*
This is a unique identifier that you create.
Use DOE, an acronym that identifies the awardee, and the final five to seven characters from your contract or grant number.
Example: For award #AC02-01FE11111, with Yale University, the report number would be: DOE-YALE-11111 or DOE-YALE-FE11111. If the contract or grant requires more than one technical report, you may use a suffix to identify them.
1st report: DOE-YALE-11111-1
2nd report: DOE-YALE-11111-2
3rd report: DOE-YALE-11111-3
DOE Award/Contract Number(s) Required*
The format should be: two alphabetic characters, two numeric characters, a dash, two-digit year, two alphabetic characters, and a five digit number; or, two alphabetic characters and seven digits.
Examples: FG11-96EK82252, FC25-96EU50430, AC02-94RS12345, and SC0001234.
Other Identifying Number(s)
Additional unique identifying numbers associated with the scientific and technical report/product may be provided (e.g., CRADA numbers, Non-DOE contract numbers). More than one may be provided. Separate multiple numbers with a semicolon and a space.
Recipient/Contractor Organization Required*
Provide the name and location of the organization that performed the research or issued the scientific and technical report/product. More than one may be provided. Separate multiple numbers with a semicolon and a space.
Example: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
STI Product Title Required*
Provide the title including volume, edition, and similar information.
Enter the author or authors responsible for writing the report, performing the research, or credited with the content (Last name, first name, middle initial). More than one may be provided. Separate multiple numbers with a semicolon and a space.
Author(s) Email Address(es) Required*
Provide the email address for each author. More than one may be provided. Separate multiple numbers with a semicolon and a space. Please enter in same order as author names.
STI Product Type Required*
Select the appropriate product type.
- Technical Report - Identify the type of technical report provided.
- Conference Paper/Proceedings - Provide all available conference information (title, location, and dates, as well as sponsoring organization). An agenda alone is not sufficient for announcement. Also provide any associated journal information for this conference, if applicable.
- Journal Article - Select one of the following and provide all available journal article information:
- Full Text - Submission contains both citation data and full-text of the journal article. Full-text can be either a pre-print or post-print, but not the copyrighted article.
- Announcement Citation Only - If providing journal citation data, but full-text article is not being uploaded.
- Other - Excluding software products, please specify other types of STI products not listed here. Example: thesis. Use the DOE F 241.4 for software products.
Availability - Refer requests to [if applicable]. For example: a URL with additional help or contact information about this document.
STI Product Issue Date/Date of Publication Required*
Enter the publication date in mm/dd/yyyy (example: 01/01/2001) or yyyy (example: 1995). If you use the yyyy format, use the drop-down menu to input additional date information.
STI Product Reporting Period
Enter the beginning and ending dates of the period covered by the STI product. Format is mm/dd/yyyy. Example: 01/01/2001
Sponsoring DOE Program Office
Select the DOE program office (e.g., Office of Science or SC) providing the funding from the list provided. For projects funded by more than one program office, indicate all sources of the DOE funding in descending order of dollar amount of funding appropriated. Separate multiple program offices with a semicolon and a space. If you do not know the sponsoring DOE program office, enter USDOE manually.
Select one or more categories from the list provided. Select them in order of relevance to the product. You can review the list of subject category descriptions on the Authorities page.
These are words or phrases that describe the content of this product. More than one keyword may be entered; separate multiple keywords with a semicolon and a space.
Provide a clear, concise, and publicly releasable English language summary of the information content. The length should be no more than 5,000 characters. To fill this field, you can cut and paste from any word processing file.
Intellectual Property/Distribution Limitations Required*
STI products should be written for public release; therefore, STI products should not contain proprietary, classified or any information subject to export control. Recipients/contractors are responsible for notifying their DOE contracting officer if the document contains any other type of data before submitting to the DOE address in the award document.
- Unlimited Announcement - The unrestricted, unlimited distribution of the product will be made publicly available. The government assumes no liability for disclosure of such data.
- Copyrighted Material - A copyright restriction on part or all of the contents of the STI product may affect the reproduction and distribution of the product by DOE/OSTI. Any restriction as retained in the award document must be specified.
- Patentable Material - Provide all applicable patent information.
- Protected Data - You must also select CRADA or cite the data clause paragraph in your award document which allows trade secret like protection (e.g. Energy Policy Act (EPAct), clean coal, electric vehicles, steel initiative, etc.). Then, specify the release date which must be no more than five years.
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Data - Specify the release date which should be no more than four years from the date that the STI product was provided by DOE to OSTI.
- Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Data - Specify the release date which should be no more than four years from the date that the STI product was provided by DOE to OSTI.
- Office of Nuclear Energy Applied Technology - pursuant to 10CFR810.
Recipient/Contractor Point of Contact
Provide the organization or individual(s) name(s) with corresponding contact information that will be included as the point of contact and can respond to external questions about the content of the STI product.
STI Product Media/Format and Transmission
To be completed by Recipient/Contractor
Ensure the STI product/final technical report does not contain protected Personally Identifiable Information (PII) before you upload the document. Protected PII is defined as an individual's first name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of types of information, including, but not limited to, social security number, passport number, credit card numbers, clearances, bank numbers, biometrics, date and place of birth, mother's maiden name, criminal, medical and financial records, educational transcripts, etc.
- Medium Required*
Select one of the options provided. When an announcement record only is submitted, select "Announcement Notice Only."
- Size of STI Product
Provide the total number of images or other designation which gives an indication of the information product (e.g., 20 images; 5 Megabytes; 5-3.5 inch diskettes; 200 pages). File size limit is 120 mb.
- File Format
Required if the STI product is electronic full text. Select one of the options provided.
Computer Medium or Audiovisual Material (do not include software packages)
- Indicate the quantity and type of medium, e.g., 2 videocassettes, 1 magnetic tape.
- Indicate the machine with which the medium is compatible, i.e., with which it can be used (e.g., VHS; IBM PC-compatible, hard disk, 8 Megs.)
- Enter any other information that would be helpful to the user of the STI product (e.g., programming language, file format, etc.)
STI Product is Being Transmitted:
Required if the full-text STI product is being transmitted electronically (uploaded) using E-Link. Click on the 'Upload File' button to upload a file from your PC to E-Link. Valid file formats are: Adobe Portable Document Format (.PDF) or MS Word (.DOC) only. Before you upload the document, you must certify that the document being uploaded has been reviewed for, and doesn't contain, protected Personally Identifiable Information. A definition is provided.
Digital Object Identifier:
A Digital Object Identifier (DOI), is a unique string created to identify a piece of intellectual property in an online environment. Enter the complete DOI for this STI Product, if one exists. Valid format is 10.xxxxxxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyyyyyy - see CrossRef.Org [exit federal site] for more information.
NOTE: If the medium of the STI product is not an 'electronic document' (e.g., it is a computer medium, audiovisual material, or paper), a copy of this electronic Announcement Notice 241.3 should be printed before submitting it electronically to DOE. Then the paper copy of the Announcement Notice 241.3 and the STI product should be mailed to the DOE Contracting Officer at the address indicated in the award document.
Please review carefully and print your information before submitting the announcement notice. You will not be able to view or edit information once you submit the notice.
When the notice is complete, select the "Submit" button. If the information is complete and correct, you will move to a screen with a summary of your input. The summary screen should be printed for your records, and enclosed with your STI product if you are mailing it to the contracting office. Upon successful submission of the announcement notice, an email will automatically be sent to your contracting officer notifying them of your submission.
This action clears any information input to the notice and makes it ready for new input.