Methods of refining and producing dibasic esters and acids from natural oil feedstocks
Methods and systems for making dibasic esters and/or dibasic acids using metathesis are generally disclosed. In some embodiments, the methods comprise reacting a terminal olefin ester with an internal olefin ester in the presence of a metathesis catalyst to form a dibasic ester and/or dibasic acid. In some embodiments, the terminal olefin ester or the internal olefin ester are derived from a renewable feedstock, such as a natural oil feedstock. In some such embodiments, the natural oil feedstock, or a transesterified derivative thereof, is metathesized to make the terminal olefin ester or the internal olefin ester.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc. (Woodridge, IL) DOEEE
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Oct 08
- Research Org:
- Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc., Woodridge, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Purification technique for the removal of ruthenium from olefin metathesis reaction products
journal, May 1999
- Maynard, Heather D.; Grubbs, Robert H.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 40, Issue 22, p. 4137-4140
Molybdenum and Tungsten Imido Alkylidene Complexes as Efficient Olefin-Metathesis Catalysts
journal, October 2003
- Schrock, Richard R.; Hoveyda, Amir H.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 42, Issue 38, p. 4592-4633
Developments in the chemistry of tris(hydroxymethyl)phosphine
journal, March 2010
- James, Brian R.; Lorenzini, Fabio
- Coordination Chemistry Reviews, Vol. 254, Issue 5-6, p. 420-430
A simple oxidative procedure for the removal of ruthenium residues from metathesis reaction products
journal, January 2010
- Knight, David W.; Morgan, Ian R.; Proctor, Anthony J.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 51, Issue 4, p. 638-640
Metathesis of unsaturated fatty acid esters and fatty oils
journal, May 1994
- Mol, J. C.
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis, Vol. 90, Issue 1-2, p. 185-199
Metathesis of palm oil
journal, March 1991
- Nordin, N. A. M.; Yamin, B. M.; Yarmo, M. A.
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis, Vol. 65, Issue 1-2, p. 163-172
Practical dihydroxylation and C–C cleavage of unsaturated fatty acids
journal, December 1999
- Oakley, Michael A.; Woodward, Simon; Coupland, Keith
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, Vol. 150, Issue 1-2, p. 105-111
Double bond oxidative cleavage of monoenic fatty chains
journal, April 2003
- Santacesaria, E.; Ambrosio, M.; Sorrentino, A.
- Catalysis Today, Vol. 79-80, p. 59-65
Improved cross-metathesis of acrylate esters catalyzed by 2nd generation ruthenium carbene complexes
journal, December 2005
- Forman, Grant S.; Tooze, Robert P.
- Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 690, Issue 24-25, p. 5863-5866
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: