Methods of refining and producing dibasic esters and acids from natural oil feedstocks
Methods are provided for refining natural oil feedstocks and producing dibasic esters and/or dibasic acids. The methods comprise reacting a terminal olefin with an internal olefin in the presence of a metathesis catalyst to form a dibasic ester and/or dibasic acid. In certain embodiments, the olefin esters are formed by reacting the feedstock in the presence of a metathesis catalyst under conditions sufficient to form a metathesized product comprising olefins and esters, separating the olefins from the esters in the metathesized product, and transesterifying the esters in the presence of an alcohol to form a transesterified product having olefin esters.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Elevance Renewable Sicences, Inc. (Woodridge, IL) DOEEE
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Feb 23
- Research Org:
- Elevance Renewable Sicences, Inc., Woodridge, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 09 BIOMASS FUELS; 02 PETROLEUM; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Practical dihydroxylation and C–C cleavage of unsaturated fatty acids
journal, December 1999
- Oakley, Michael A.; Woodward, Simon; Coupland, Keith
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, Vol. 150, Issue 1-2, p. 105-111
Double bond oxidative cleavage of monoenic fatty chains
journal, April 2003
- Santacesaria, E.; Ambrosio, M.; Sorrentino, A.
- Catalysis Today, Vol. 79-80, p. 59-65
Metathesis of unsaturated fatty acid esters and fatty oils
journal, May 1994
- Mol, J. C.
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis, Vol. 90, Issue 1-2, p. 185-199
Developments in the chemistry of tris(hydroxymethyl)phosphine
journal, March 2010
- James, Brian R.; Lorenzini, Fabio
- Coordination Chemistry Reviews, Vol. 254, Issue 5-6, p. 420-430
A simple oxidative procedure for the removal of ruthenium residues from metathesis reaction products
journal, January 2010
- Knight, David W.; Morgan, Ian R.; Proctor, Anthony J.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 51, Issue 4, p. 638-640
Purification technique for the removal of ruthenium from olefin metathesis reaction products
journal, May 1999
- Maynard, Heather D.; Grubbs, Robert H.
- Tetrahedron Letters, Vol. 40, Issue 22, p. 4137-4140
Molybdenum and Tungsten Imido Alkylidene Complexes as Efficient Olefin-Metathesis Catalysts
journal, October 2003
- Schrock, Richard R.; Hoveyda, Amir H.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 42, Issue 38, p. 4592-4633
Improved cross-metathesis of acrylate esters catalyzed by 2nd generation ruthenium carbene complexes
journal, December 2005
- Forman, Grant S.; Tooze, Robert P.
- Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 690, Issue 24-25, p. 5863-5866
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: