High rate, long cycle life battery electrode materials with an open framework structure
A battery includes a cathode, an anode, and an aqueous electrolyte disposed between the cathode and the anode and including a cation A. At least one of the cathode and the anode includes an electrode material having an open framework crystal structure into which the cation A is reversibly inserted during operation of the battery. The battery has a reference specific capacity when cycled at a reference rate, and at least 75% of the reference specific capacity is retained when the battery is cycled at 10 times the reference rate.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University (Palo Alto, CA) ORO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 25 ENERGY STORAGE
Other works cited in this record:Hexacyanoferrate layers as electrodes for secondary cells
journal, May 1987
- Grabner, E. W.; Kalwellis-Mohn, S.
- Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, Vol. 17, Issue 3, p. 653-656
Prussian Blue Containing Nafion Composite Film as Rechargeable Battery
journal, January 1987
- Honda, Kenji; Hayashi, Hideko
- Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 134, Issue 6, p. 1330-1334
Charge–discharge characteristics of a solid-state Prussian blue secondary cell
journal, April 2000
- Jayalakshmi, M.; Scholz, F.
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 87, Issue 1-2, p. 212-217
Performance characteristics of zinc hexacyanoferrate/Prussian blue and copper hexacyanoferrate/Prussian blue solid state secondary cells
journal, December 2000
- Jayalakshmi, M.; Scholz, F.
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 91, Issue 2, p. 217-223
A secondary cell based on thin layers of zeolite-like nickel hexacyanometallates
journal, August 1989
- Kalwellis-Mohn, S.; Grabner, E. W.
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 34, Issue 8, p. 1265-1269
A secondary battery composed of multilayer Prussian Blue and its reaction characteristics
journal, November 1988
- Kaneko, Masao; Okada, Tokuo
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry and Interfacial Electrochemistry, Vol. 255, Issue 1-2, p. 45-52
Na4Mn9O18 as a positive electrode material for an aqueous electrolyte sodium-ion energy storage device
journal, March 2010
- Whitacre, J. F.; Tevar, A.; Sharma, S.
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 12, Issue 3, p. 463-466
Polypyrrole/carbon aerogel composite materials for supercapacitor
journal, October 2010
- An, Hongfang; Wang, Ying; Wang, Xianyou
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 195, Issue 19, p. 6964-6969
Electrochemical preparation, characterization and application of electrodes modified with hybrid hexacyanoferrates of copper and cobalt
journal, May 2002
- Cui, Xingpin; Hong, Li; Lin, Xiangqin
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Vol. 526, Issue 1-2, p. 115-124
Effects of surface structure on electrode charge transfer properties: Induction of ion selectivity at the chemically derivatized interface
journal, November 1982
- Bocarsly, Andrew B.; Sinha, Sujit
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry and Interfacial Electrochemistry, Vol. 140, Issue 1, p. 167-172
Potassium secondary cell based on Prussian blue cathode
journal, February 2004
- Eftekhari, Ali
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 126, Issue 1-2, p. 221-228
Polypyrrole/carbon composite electrode for high-power electrochemical capacitors
journal, December 2006
- Kim, Jong-Huy; Lee, Yong-Sung; Sharma, Ashok K.
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 52, Issue 4, p. 1727-1732
The crystal structure of Prussian Blue: Fe4[Fe(CN)6]3.xH2O
journal, November 1977
- Buser, H. J.; Schwarzenbach, D.; Petter, W.
- Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 16, Issue 11, p. 2704-2710
Cobalt(III) lithium oxide, CoLiO2: structure refinement by powder neutron diffraction
journal, January 1984
- Orman, H. J.; Wiseman, P. J.
- Acta Crystallographica Section C Crystal Structure Communications, Vol. 40, Issue 1, p. 12-14
Phospho-olivines as Positive-Electrode Materials for Rechargeable Lithium Batteries
journal, April 1997
- Padhi, A. K.
- Journal of The Electrochemical Society, Vol. 144, Issue 4, p. 1188-1194
Application of Stokes' law to ions in aqueous solution
journal, March 1990
- Pau, Paul Chi Fu.; Berg, J. O.; McMillan, W. G.
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry, Vol. 94, Issue 6, p. 2671-2679
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: