This content will become publicly available on July 18, 2017
Out of the Corner of My Eye: Foveal Semantic Load Modulates Parafoveal Processing in Reading.
In two experiments, we examined the impact of foveal semantic expectancy and congruity on parafoveal word processing during reading. Experiment 1 utilized an eye-tracking gaze contingent display change paradigm, and Experiment 2 measured event-related brain potentials (ERP) in a modified RSVP paradigm to track the time-course of foveal semantic influences on convert attentional allocation to parafoveal word processing. Furthermore, eye-tracking and ERP data converged to reveal graded effects of semantic foveal load on parafoveal processing.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0096-1523; 618950
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of Experimental Psychology, Human Perception and Performance
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Name: Journal of Experimental Psychology, Human Perception and Performance; Journal ID: ISSN 0096-1523
- American Psychological Association
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 97 MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.