Enhanced Geothermal Systems
DOE, through the Geothermal Technologies Office (GTO) within the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, requested this study, identifying a focus on: i) assessment of technologies and approaches for subsurface imaging and characterization so as to be able to validate EGS opportunities, and ii) assessment of approaches toward creating sites for EGS, including science and engineering to enhance permeability and increase the recovery factor. Two days of briefings provided in-depth discussion of a wide range of themes and challenges in EGS, and represented perspectives from industry, government laboratories and university researchers. JASON also contacted colleagues from universities, government labs and industry in further conversations to learn the state of the field and potential technologies relevant to EGS.
- The MITRE Corporation, McLean, VA (United States)
- The MITRE Corporation, McLean, VA (United States); et al.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- EERE Publication and Product Library
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), Geothermal Technologies Office (EE-4G)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- Geothermal, EGS, JASON, GTOFP
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.