9-D polarized proton transport in the MEIC figure 8 collider ring - first steps
Spin tracking studies in the MEIC figure-8 collider ion ring are presented, based on a very preliminary design of the lattice. They provide numerical illustrations of some of the aspects of the figure-8 concept, including spin-rotator based spin control, and lay out the path towards a complete spin tracking simulation of a figure-8 ring.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (TJNAF), Newport News, VA (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
R&D Project: KBCH139; 18031; KB0202011; TRN: US1500236
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 6th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC’15), Richmond, VA (United States), 3-8 May 2015
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; JEFFERSON LAB MEIC; SPIN; PROTON BEAMS; POLARIZED BEAMS; BEAM DYNAMICS; CONTROL; COMPUTERIZED SIMULATION
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.