Searches for New Physics in CP Violation from BABAR
Results of recent searches for new physics in CP violation in charm decays from the BABAR experiment are presented. These results include a measurement of D0 - anti D0 mixing and searches for CP violation in two-body D0 decays, a search for CP violation in the charm decays D± → KS0K ± and D s± → KS0K± , KS0π± , and a search for direct CP violation in the singly-Cabibbo suppressed D± → K+K-π±decays. These studies are based on the final dataset collected by BABAR at the PEP-II B factory at SLAC in the period 1999-2008. No evidence of CP violation is found in these charm decays. The measured mixing parameter yCP = [0.72 ± 0.18(stat) ± 0.12(syst)]% excludes the no-mixing null hypothesis with a significance of 3.3σ .
- Universita di Milano, Dipartimento di Fisica, Milano (Italy); Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), Milano (Italy). et al.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
arXiv:1210.1756; TRN: US1600151
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 17. International Seminar on High Energy Physics. QUARKS2012 , Yaroslavl (Russia), 4-10 Jun 2012
- Research Org:
- SLAC National Accelerator Lab., Menlo Park, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- US DOE Office of Science (DOE SC)
- Contributing Orgs:
- BABAR Collaboration
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; D NEUTRAL MESONS; CP INVARIANCE; KAONS MINUS; KAONS PLUS; D S MESONS; WEAK HADRONIC DECAY; MIXING RATIO; HYPOTHESIS; PIONS PLUS; PIONS MINUS; KAONS NEUTRAL SHORT-LIVED Experiment-HEP,HEPEX
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.