Procedures for the synthesis of ethylenediamine bisborane and ammonia borane
A method for synthesizing ammonia borane includes (a) preparing a reaction mixture in one or more solvents, the reaction mixture containing sodium borohydride, at least one ammonium salt, and ammonia; and (b) incubating the reaction mixture at temperatures between about 0.degree. C. to about room temperature in an ambient air environment under conditions sufficient to form ammonia borane. Methods for synthesizing ethylenediamine bisborane, and methods for dehydrogenation of ethylenediamine bisborane are also described.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- PURDUE RESEARCH FOUNDATION (West Lafayette, IN) GFO
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Jul 06
- Research Org:
- PURDUE RESEARCH FOUNDATION, West Lafayette, IN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:A Soft Hydrogen Storage Material: Poly(Methyl Acrylate)-Confined Ammonia Borane with Controllable Dehydrogenation
journal, January 2010
- Zhao, Jianzhi; Shi, Jifu; Zhang, Xiaowei
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 22, Issue 3, p. 394-397
Ammonia Borane and Related Compounds as Hydrogen Source Materials
book, March 2010
- Mertens, Florian; Wolf, Gert; Baitalow, Felix
- Handbook of Hydrogen Storage New Materials for Future Energy Storage
Amine− and Phosphine−Borane Adducts: New Interest in Old Molecules
journal, July 2010
- Staubitz, Anne; Robertson, Alasdair P. M.; Sloan, Matthew E.
- Chemical Reviews, Vol. 110, Issue 7, p. 4023-4078
Ammonia Borane as a Hydrogen Carrier: Dehydrogenation and Regeneration
journal, February 2010
- Smythe, Nathan C.; Gordon, John C.
- European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 2010, Issue 4, p. 509-521
B–N compounds for chemical hydrogenstorage
journal, January 2009
- Hamilton, Charles W.; Baker, R. Tom; Staubitz, Anne
- Chem. Soc. Rev., Vol. 38, Issue 1, p. 279-293
Will We Soon Be Fueling our Automobiles with Ammonia–Borane?
journal, November 2007
- Marder, Todd B.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 46, Issue 43, p. 8116-8118
Ammonia–borane: the hydrogen source par excellence?
journal, January 2007
- Stephens, Frances H.; Pons, Vincent; Tom Baker, R.
- Dalton Trans., Issue 25, p. 2613-2626
Efficient Regeneration of Partially Spent Ammonia Borane Fuel
journal, September 2009
- Davis, Benjamin L.; Dixon, David A.; Garner, Edward B.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 48, Issue 37, p. 6812-6816
Ammonia Borane Hydrogen Release in Ionic Liquids
journal, October 2009
- Himmelberger, Daniel W.; Alden, Laif R.; Bluhm, Martin E.
- Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 48, Issue 20, p. 9883-9889
Iridium-Catalyzed Dehydrogenation of Substituted Amine Boranes: Kinetics, Thermodynamics, and Implications for Hydrogen Storage
journal, October 2008
- Dietrich, Brandon L.; Goldberg, Karen I.; Heinekey, D. Michael
- Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 47, Issue 19, p. 8583-8585
Diaminomethane dihydrochloride, a novel reagent for the synthesis of primary amides of amino acids and peptides from active esters
journal, July 1993
- Galaverna, Gianni; Corradini, Roberto; Dossena, Arnaldo
- International Journal of Peptide and Protein Research, Vol. 42, Issue 1, p. 53-57
journal, September 1960
- Kelly, Henry C.; Edwards, John O.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 82, Issue 18, p. 4842-4846
Preparation of Ammonia Borane in High Yield and Purity, Methanolysis, and Regeneration
journal, September 2007
- Ramachandran, P. Veeraraghavan; Gagare, Pravin D.
- Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 46, Issue 19, p. 7810-7817
Synthesis of ammonia borane for hydrogen storage applications
journal, January 2008
- Heldebrant, David J.; Karkamkar, Abhi; Linehan, John C.
- Energy & Environmental Science, Vol. 1, Issue 1, p. 156-160
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: