Carbon nanotube temperature and pressure sensors
The present invention, in one embodiment, provides a method of measuring pressure or temperature using a sensor including a sensor element composed of a plurality of carbon nanotubes. In one example, the resistance of the plurality of carbon nanotubes is measured in response to the application of temperature or pressure. The changes in resistance are then recorded and correlated to temperature or pressure. In one embodiment, the present invention provides for independent measurement of pressure or temperature using the sensors disclosed herein.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- UT-BATTELLE, LLC (Oak Ridge, TN) ORNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2013 Sep 24
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:The effect of annealing on the electrical and thermal transport properties of macroscopic bundles of long multi-wall carbon nanotubes
journal, January 2007
- Jin, R.; Zhou, Z. X.; Mandrus, D.
- Physica B: Condensed Matter, Vol. 388, Issue 1-2, p. 326-330
Metallic resistivity in crystalline ropes of single-wall carbon nanotubes
journal, February 1997
- Fischer, J. E.; Dai, H.; Thess, A.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 55, Issue 8, p. R4921-R4924
Metal-insulator transition in doped single-wall carbon nanotubes
journal, April 2005
- Vavro, J.; Kikkawa, J. M.; Fischer, J. E.
- Physical Review B, Vol. 71, Issue 15, Article No. 155410
Alcohol Vapor Sensors Based on Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Field Effect Transistors
journal, July 2003
- Someya, Takao; Small, Joshua; Kim, Philip
- Nano Letters, Vol. 3, Issue 7, p. 877-881
Computational design of carbon nanotube electromechanical pressure sensors
journal, April 2004
- Wu, Jian; Zang, Ji; Larade, Brian
- Physical Review B, Vol. 69, Issue 15, Article No. 153406
Nanoelectronic Carbon Dioxide Sensors
journal, October 2004
- Star, A.; Han, T.-R.; Joshi, V.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 22, p. 2049-2052
Piezoresistance of carbon nanotubes on deformable thin-film membranes
journal, February 2005
- Grow, Randal J.; Wang, Qian; Cao, Jien
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 86, Issue 9, Article No. 093104
Carbon Nanotube-Based Sensors
journal, March 2006
- Sinha, Niraj; Ma, Jiazhi; Yeow, John T. W.
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 6, Issue 3, p. 573-590
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: