Liquid carbon dioxide absorbents, methods of using the same, and related systems
A carbon dioxide absorbent composition is described, including (i) a liquid, nonaqueous silicon-based material, functionalized with one or more groups that either reversibly react with CO.sub.2 or have a high-affinity for CO.sub.2; and (ii) a hydroxy-containing solvent that is capable of dissolving both the silicon-based material and a reaction product of the silicon-based material and CO.sub.2. The absorbent may be utilized in methods to reduce carbon dioxide in an exhaust gas, and finds particular utility in power plants.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- General Electric Company (Niskayuna, NY) NETL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Dec 21
- Research Org:
- General Electric Company, Niskayuna, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Other works cited in this record:Epoxyorganosiloxanes
journal, June 1959
- Plueddemann, E. P.; Fanger, G.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 81, Issue 11, p. 2632-2635
Oxidation of alkenyldisilanes by m-chloroperbenzoic acid
journal, June 1982
- Dixon, Timothy A.; Steele, Kent P.; Weber, W. P.
- Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 231, Issue 4, p. 299-305
CO2 Capture by a Task-Specific Ionic Liquid
journal, February 2002
- Bates, Eleanor D.; Mayton, Rebecca D.; Ntai, Ioanna
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 124, Issue 6, p. 926-927
Ordered mesoporous and macroporous inorganic films and membranes
journal, June 2004
- Guliants, V. V.; Carreon, M. A.; Lin, Y. S.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 235, Issue 1-2, p. 53-72
CO2 capture by amine-enriched fly ash carbon sorbents
journal, February 2004
- Gray, M. L.; Soong, Y.; Champagne, K. J.
- Separation and Purification Technology, Vol. 35, Issue 1, p. 31-36
Structure–gas separation property relationships of non-ionic and cationic amino-hydroxy functionalized poly (dimethylsiloxane) membranes
journal, March 2004
- Senthilkumar, U.; Reddy, B. S. R.
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 232, Issue 1-2, p. 73-83
CO2 capture using some fly ash-derived carbon materials
journal, December 2005
- Arenillas, A.; Smith, K. M.; Drage, T. C.
- Fuel, Vol. 84, Issue 17, p. 2204-2210
Adsorption characteristics of carbon dioxide on organically functionalized SBA-15
journal, September 2005
- Hiyoshi, Norihito; Yogo, Katsunori; Yashima, Tatsuaki
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 84, Issue 1-3, p. 357-365
Absorption of carbon dioxide into aqueous blends of 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol and monoethanolamine
journal, August 2006
- Mandal, B. P.; Bandyopadhyay, S. S.
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 61, Issue 16, p. 5440-5447
CO2 Adsorption on SBA-15 Modified by Aminosilane
journal, September 2007
- Wang, Linfang; Ma, Lei; Wang, Aiqin
- Chinese Journal of Catalysis, Vol. 28, Issue 9, p. 805-810
CO2 capture by adsorption with nitrogen enriched carbons
journal, September 2007
- Plaza, M. G.; Pevida, C.; Arenillas, A.
- Fuel, Vol. 86, Issue 14, p. 2204-2212
Functionalised micro-/mesoporous silica for the adsorption of carbon dioxide
journal, February 2007
- Knöfel, C.; Descarpentries, J.; Benzaouia, A.
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 99, Issue 1-2, p. 79-85
Adsorption and regeneration study of the mesoporous adsorbent SBA-15 adapted to the capture/separation of CO2 and CH4
journal, February 2007
- Liu, Xiuwu; Zhou, Li; Fu, Xin
- Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 62, Issue 4, p. 1101-1110
Carbon dioxide recovery from post-combustion processes: Can gas permeation membranes compete with absorption?
journal, May 2007
- Favre, Eric
- Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 294, Issue 1-2, p. 50-59
High-Throughput Synthesis of Zeolitic Imidazolate Frameworks and Application to CO2 Capture
journal, February 2008
- Banerjee, Rahul; Phan, Anh; Wang, Bo
- Science, Vol. 319, Issue 5865, p. 939-943
CO2 adsorption using amine-functionalized mesoporous silica prepared via anionic surfactant-mediated synthesis
journal, November 2008
- Kim, Se-Na; Son, Won-Jin; Choi, Jung-Sik
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 115, Issue 3, p. 497-503
Progress in carbon dioxide separation and capture: A review
journal, January 2008
- Yang, Hongqun; Xu, Zhenghe; Fan, Maohong
- Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol. 20, Issue 1, p. 14-27
Amine loaded zeolites for carbon dioxide capture: Amine loading and adsorption studies
journal, May 2009
- Chatti, Ravikrishna; Bansiwal, Amit K.; Thote, Jayashri A.
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 121, Issue 1-3, p. 84-89
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: