Modified host cells with efflux pumps
The present invention provides for a modified host cell comprising a heterologous expression of an efflux pump capable of transporting an organic molecule out of the host cell wherein the organic molecule at a sufficiently high concentration reduces the growth rate of or is lethal to the host cell.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 May 25
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES; 09 BIOMASS FUELS
Other works cited in this record:Protein tolerance to random amino acid change
journal, June 2004
- Guo, H. H.; Choe, J.; Loeb, L. A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 101, Issue 25, p. 9205-9210
Transforming growth factor alpha: mutation of aspartic acid 47 and leucine 48 results in different biological activities.
journal, March 1988
- Lazar, E.; Watanabe, S.; Dalton, S.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology, Vol. 8, Issue 3, p. 1247-1252
Functional Analysis of Conserved Histidines in ADP-Glucose Pyrophosphorylase from Escherichia coli
journal, March 1998
- Hill, Margaret A.; Preiss, Jack
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, Vol. 244, Issue 2, p. 573-577
Disentangling the perturbational effects of amino acid substitutions in the DNA-binding domain of p53
journal, February 1999
- Wacey, A. I.; Cooper, D. N.; Liney, D.
- Human Genetics, Vol. 104, Issue 1, p. 15-22
Advanced biofuel production in microbes
journal, January 2010
- Peralta-Yahya, Pamela P.; Keasling, Jay D.
- Biotechnology Journal, Vol. 5, Issue 2, p. 147-162
Biofuel alternatives to ethanol: pumping the microbial well
journal, July 2008
- Fortman, J. L.; Chhabra, Swapnil; Mukhopadhyay, Aindrila
- Trends in Biotechnology, Vol. 26, Issue 7, p. 375-381
Metabolic engineering of microorganisms for biofuels production: from bugs to synthetic biology to fuels
journal, December 2008
- Lee, Sung Kuk; Chou, Howard; Ham, Timothy S.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 19, Issue 6, p. 556-563
Challenges in Engineering Microbes for Biofuels Production
journal, February 2007
- Stephanopoulos, Gregory
- Science, Vol. 315, Issue 5813, p. 801-804
Assembly and Channel Opening in a Bacterial Drug Efflux Machine
journal, April 2008
- Bavro, Vassiliy N.; Pietras, Zbigniew; Furnham, Nicholas
- Molecular Cell, Vol. 30, Issue 1, p. 114-121
Mechanisms of RND multidrug efflux pumps
journal, May 2009
- Nikaido, Hiroshi; Takatsuka, Yumiko
- Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Proteins and Proteomics, Vol. 1794, Issue 5, p. 769-781
Directed evolution of a bacterial efflux pump: Adaptation of the E. coli TolC exit duct to the Pseudomonas MexAB translocase
journal, September 2006
- Bokma, Evert; Koronakis, Eva; Lobedanz, Sune
- FEBS Letters, Vol. 580, Issue 22, p. 5339-5343
Non-fermentative pathways for synthesis of branched-chain higher alcohols as biofuels
journal, January 2008
- Atsumi, Shota; Hanai, Taizo; Liao, James C.
- Nature, Vol. 451, Issue 7174, p. 86-89
Metabolic engineering of Saccharomyces cerevisiae for the production of n-butanol
journal, January 2008
- Steen, Eric J.; Chan, Rossana; Prasad, Nilu
- Microbial Cell Factories, Vol. 7, Issue 1, Article No. 36
MicrobesOnline: an integrated portal for comparative and functional genomics
journal, November 2009
- Dehal, P. S.; Joachimiak, M. P.; Price, M. N.
- Nucleic Acids Research, Vol. 38, Issue suppl_1, p. D396-D400
Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs
journal, September 1997
- Altschul, Stephen F.; Madden, Thomas L.; Schäffer, Alejandro A.
- Nucleic Acids Research, Vol. 25, Issue 17, p. 3389-3402
One-step inactivation of chromosomal genes in Escherichia coli K-12 using PCR products
journal, May 2000
- Datsenko, K. A.; Wanner, B. L.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 97, Issue 12, p. 6640-6645
Construction of Escherichia coli K-12 in-frame, single-gene knockout mutants the Keio collection
journal, February 2006
- Baba, Tomoya; Ara, Takeshi; Hasegawa, Miki
- Molecular Systems Biology, Vol. 2, Article No. 2006.0008
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: