Non-precious metal catalysts prepared from precursor comprising cyanamide
Catalyst comprising graphitic carbon and methods of making thereof; said graphitic carbon comprising a metal species, a nitrogen-containing species and a sulfur containing species. A catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction for an alkaline fuel cell was prepared by heating a mixture of cyanamide, carbon black, and a salt selected from an iron sulfate salt and an iron acetate salt at a temperature of from about 700.degree. C. to about 1100.degree. C. under an inert atmosphere. Afterward, the mixture was treated with sulfuric acid at elevated temperature to remove acid soluble components, and the resultant mixture was heated again under an inert atmosphere at the same temperature as the first heat treatment step.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Los Alamos National Security, LLC (Los Alamos, NM) LANL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2011 Sep 21
- Research Org:
- Los Alamos National Lab. (LANL), Los Alamos, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Efficient access to bamboo-like carbon micro and nanofibres by pyrolysis of zinc cyanamide
journal, August 2001
- Becker, M.; Bender, H.; Jansen, M.
- Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Vol. 62, Issue 8, p. 1431-1433
Zinc cyanamide, Zn(CN2)
journal, April 2001
- Becker, Michael; Jansen, Martin
- Acta Crystallographica Section C Crystal Structure Communications, Vol. 57, Issue 4, p. 347-348
Effect of sulfur as a growth promoter for CNx nanostructures as PEM and DMFC ORR catalysts
journal, April 2010
- Biddinger, Elizabeth J.; Knapke, Douglas S.; von Deak, Dieter
- Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, Vol. 96, Issue 1-2, p. 72-82
Preparation of carbon alloy catalysts for polymer electrolyte fuel cells from nitrogen-containing rigid-rod polymers
journal, September 2010
- Chokai, Masayuki; Taniguchi, Masataka; Moriya, Shogo
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 195, Issue 18, p. 5947-5951
Cyanamide-derived non-precious metal catalyst for oxygen reduction
journal, December 2010
- Chung, Hoon T.; Johnston, Christina M.; Artyushkova, Kateryna
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 12, Issue 12, p. 1792-1795
Oxygen reduction catalysts for polymer electrolyte fuel cells from the pyrolysis of FeII acetate adsorbed on 3,4,9,10-perylenetetracarboxylic dianhydride
journal, January 1999
- Faubert, G.; Côté, R.; Dodelet, J. P.
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 44, Issue 15, p. 2589-2603
Nitrogen-Doped Carbon Nanotube Arrays with High Electrocatalytic Activity for Oxygen Reduction
journal, February 2009
- Gong, K.; Du, F.; Xia, Z.
- Science, Vol. 323, Issue 5915, p. 760-764
Synthesis of g-C3N4 Nanoparticles in Mesoporous Silica Host Matrices
journal, July 2005
- Groenewolt, M.; Antonietti, M.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 14, p. 1789-1792
Nitrogen-Doped Ordered Mesoporous Graphitic Arrays with High Electrocatalytic Activity for Oxygen Reduction
journal, March 2010
- Liu, Ruili; Wu, Dongqing; Feng, Xinliang
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 49, Issue 14, p. 2565-2569
pH-effect on oxygen reduction activity of Fe-based electro-catalysts
journal, October 2009
- Meng, Hui; Jaouen, Frédéric; Proietti, Eric
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 11, Issue 10, p. 1986-1989
Nitrogen-doped carbon nanotubes as a cathode catalyst for the oxygen reduction reaction in alkaline medium
journal, March 2010
- Nagaiah, Tharamani C.; Kundu, Shankhamala; Bron, Michael
- Electrochemistry Communications, Vol. 12, Issue 3, p. 338-341
Development of high performance carbon composite catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction in PEM Proton Exchange Membrane fuel cells
journal, August 2008
- Nallathambi, Vijayadurga; Lee, Jong-Won; Kumaraguru, Swaminatha P.
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 183, Issue 1, p. 34-42
Evolution of nitrogen functionalities in carbonaceous materials during pyrolysis
journal, January 1995
- Pels, J. R.; Kapteijn, F.; Moulijn, J. A.
- Carbon, Vol. 33, Issue 11, p. 1641-1653
Oxygen electrocatalysis in alkaline electrolyte: Pt(hkl), Au(hkl) and the effect of Pd-modification
journal, August 2002
- Schmidt, T. J.; Stamenkovic, V.; Arenz, M.
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 47, Issue 22-23, p. 3765-3776
On the mechanism of possible influence of heteroatoms of nitrogen, boron and phosphorus in a carbon matrix on the catalytic activity of carbons in electron transfer reactions
journal, January 2000
- Strelko, V. V.; Kuts, V. S.; Thrower, P. A.
- Carbon, Vol. 38, Issue 10, p. 1499-1503
Non-precious metal oxygen reduction catalyst for PEM fuel cells based on nitroaniline precursor
journal, April 2008
- Wood, Thomas E.; Tan, Zhongshu; Schmoeckel, Alison K.
- Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 178, Issue 2, p. 510-516
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: