High efficiency and brightness fluorescent organic light emitting diode by triplet-triplet fusion
A first device is provided. The first device further comprises an organic light emitting device. The organic light emitting device further comprises an anode, a cathode, and an emissive layer disposed between the anode and the cathode. The emissive layer may include an organic host compound and at least one organic emitting compound capable of fluorescent emission at room temperature. Various configurations are described for providing a range of current densities in which T-T fusion dominates over S-T annihilation, leading to very high efficiency fluorescent OLEDs.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) DOESC
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Research Org:
- The Regents of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Very high-efficiency green organic light-emitting devices based on electrophosphorescence
journal, July 1999
- Baldo, M. A.; Lamansky, S.; Burrows, P. E.
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 75, Issue 1, p. 4-6
Novel high Tg hole-transport molecules based on indolo[3,2-b]carbazoles for organic light-emitting devices
journal, June 2000
- Hu, Nan-Xing; Xie, Shuang; Popovic, Zoran D.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 111-112, p. 421-424
Highly Efficient Red-Emission Polymer Phosphorescent Light-Emitting Diodes Based on Two Novel Tris(1-phenylisoquinolinato-C2,N)iridium(III) Derivatives
journal, March 2007
- Huang, J.; Watanabe, T.; Ueno, K.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 5, p. 739-743
Thermally stable multilared organic electroluminescent devices using novel starburst molecules, 4,4′,4″-Tri(N-carbazolyl)triphenylamine (TCTA) and 4,4′,4″-Tris(3-methylphenylphenylamino)triphenylamine (m-MTDATA), as hole-transport materials
journal, September 1994
- Kuwabara, Yoshiyuki; Ogawa, Hiromitsu; Inada, Hiroshi
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 6, Issue 9, p. 677-679
High efficiency molecular organic light-emitting diodes based on silole derivatives and their exciplexes
journal, September 2003
- Palilis, Leonidas C.; Murata, Hideyuki; Uchida, Manabu
- Organic Electronics, Vol. 4, Issue 2-3, p. 113-121
Starburst molecules based on π-electron systems as materials for organic electroluminescent devices
journal, June 1997
- Shirota, Yasuhiko; Kuwabara, Yoshiyuki; Okuda, Daisuke
- Journal of Luminescence, Vol. 72-74, p. 985-991
Langmuir—Blodgett light-emitting diodes of poly(3-hexylthiophene) : electro-optical characteristics related to structure
journal, May 1997
- Östergård, T.; Paloheimo, J.; Pal, A. J.
- Synthetic Metals, Vol. 88, Issue 2, p. 171-177
Organic Light-Emitting Diodes based on Charge-Neutral RuII Phosphorescent Emitters
journal, April 2005
- Tung, Y.-L.; Lee, S.-W.; Chi, Y.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 17, Issue 8, p. 1059-1064
Multifunctional Iridium Complexes Based on Carbazole Modules as Highly Efficient Electrophosphors
journal, November 2006
- Wong, Wai-Yeung; Ho, Cheuk-Lam; Gao, Zhi-Qiang
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 45, Issue 46, p. 7800-7803
First Examples of Alkenyl Pyridines as Organic Ligands for Phosphorescent Iridium Complexes
journal, November 2004
- Paulose, B. M. J. S.; Rayabarapu, D. K.; Duan, J.-P.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 16, Issue 22, p. 2003-2007
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: