U.S. Department of Energy's Siting Guidelines at 10 CFR 963
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has amended the policies under the Nuclear Waste Policy Act of 1982 for evaluating the suitability of Yucca Mountain, Nevada, as a site for development of a nuclear waste repository. The final rule at Title 10, Part 963 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR Part 963) focuses on the criteria and methodology to be used for evaluating relevant geological and other related aspects of the Yucca Mountain site. Consistent with the long standing policy to conform the DOE suitability guidelines for its nuclear waste repository program to licensing regulations of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), the DOE's criteria and methodology are consistent with the NRC's recently final regulations for licensing a nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: Waste Management 2002 Symposium, Tucson, AZ (US), 02/24/2002--02/28/2002; Other Information: PBD: 27 Feb 2002
- WM Symposia, Inc., Tucson, Arizona
- Research Org:
- U. S. Department of Energy, Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management 1000 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC (US); Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc. 1551 Hillshire Drive, M/S 471, Las Vegas, NV; Bechtel SAIC Company 1180 Town Center Drive North Las Vegas, NV; U.S. Department of Energy, Yucca Mountain Site Characterization Office P.O. Box 364629, M/S 523, North Las Vegas, NV (US)
- Sponsoring Org:
- US Department of Energy (US)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 12 MANAGEMENT OF RADIOACTIVE WASTES, AND NON-RADIOACTIVE WASTES FROM NUCLEAR FACILITIES; 29 ENERGY PLANNING, POLICY AND ECONOMY; LICENSING; LICENSING REGULATIONS; NEVADA; NUCLEAR WASTE POLICY ACTS; RADIOACTIVE WASTES; RECOMMENDATIONS; REGULATIONS; WASTE MANAGEMENT; YUCCA MOUNTAIN
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.