Yakima Tributary Access and Habitat Program : Action Plan Final Report 2002.
This report covers activities conducted by the Yakima Tributary Access and Habitat Program under Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) grant project No. 2002-025-00 for fiscal year 2002. The Yakima Tributary Access and Habitat Program (YTAHP, Program) was organized to restore salmonid passage to Yakima tributaries that historically supported salmonids and improve habitat in areas where access is restored. Specifically, this program is designed to (a) screen unscreened diversion structures to prevent fish entrainment into artificial waterways; (b) provide for fish passage at man-made barriers, such as diversion dams, culverts, siphons and bridges; and (c) provide information and assistance to landowners interested in to contributing to the improvement of water quality, water reliability and stream habitat. The YTAHP developed from a number of groups actively engaged in watershed management, and/or habitat restoration within the Yakima River Basin. These groups include the Washington State Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), Kittitas County Conservation District (KCCD), North Yakima Conservation District (NYCD), Kittitas County Water Purveyors (KCWP), and Ahtanum Irrigation District (AID). The US Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) and Yakama Nation (YN) both participated in the development of the objectives of YTAHP. Other entities that will be involved during permitting or project review may include the YN,more »
- (South Central Washington Resource Conservation and Development Council, Ellensburg, WA)
- (Kittitas County Water Purveyors, Ellensburg, WA)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Resource Relation:
- Other Information: PBD: 1 Apr 2003
- Research Org:
- Bonneville Power Administration, Portland, OR (US)
- Sponsoring Org:
- US Department of Energy (US)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 13 HYDRO ENERGY; 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES; BONNEVILLE POWER ADMINISTRATION; DAMS; FISH PASSAGE FACILITIES; FISHERIES; HABITAT; SALMON; US BUREAU OF RECLAMATION; US CORPS OF ENGINEERS; US FWS; WATER QUALITY; FISH HABITAT IMPROVEMENT - WASHINGTON (STATE) - YAKIMA RIVER WATERSHED; FISHWAYS - WASHINGTON (STATE) - YAKIMA RIVER WATERSHED.
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.