skip to main content

Title: Evaluation of Alternatives for Hanford 327 Building Removal and Transport

The Department of Energy (DOE) Hanford site 327 Building, built in 1953, played a key role in reactor material and fuel research programs. The facility includes nine shielded hot cells, a fuel storage basin, dry sample storage, and a large inerted hot (SERF) cell. In 1996, the 327 Building was transferred from Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) to Fluor Hanford, Inc., to begin the transition from the mission of irradiated fuel examination to stabilization and deactivation. In 2001, a multi-contractor team conducted a review of the concept of intact (one piece) removal, packaging, and disposal of the 327 hot cells.
Authors:
Publication Date:
OSTI Identifier:
810109
Report Number(s):
HNF-14396-FP, Rev.0
TRN: US0302834
DOE Contract Number:
AC06-96RL13200
Resource Type:
Conference
Resource Relation:
Conference: Conference title not supplied, Conference location not supplied, Conference dates not supplied; Other Information: PBD: 1 Jan 2003
Research Org:
PEC (US)
Sponsoring Org:
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT (US)
Country of Publication:
United States
Language:
English
Subject:
11 NUCLEAR FUEL CYCLE AND FUEL MATERIALS; DEACTIVATION; EVALUATION; HOT CELLS; PACKAGING; PHOSPHORS; REACTOR MATERIALS; REMOVAL; RESEARCH PROGRAMS; SPENT FUELS; STABILIZATION; STORAGE; TRANSPORT