Optical polarizing neutron devices designed for pulsed neutron sources
We have designed two polarizing neutron devices for pulsed cold neutrons. The devices have been tested at the pulsed neutron source at the Booster Synchrotron Utilization Facility of the National Laboratory for High Energy Physics. These two devices proved to have a practical use for experiments to investigate condensed matter physics using pulsed cold polarized neutrons.
- Tohoku Univ, Sendai (Japan)
- National Lab. for High Energy Physics, Tsukuba (Japan)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- LBNL--40816; CONF-9609353--
ON: DE98050032; TRN: 98:003955
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: Workshop on methods for neutron scattering instrumentation design, Berkeley, CA (United States), 23-25 Sep 1996; Other Information: PBD: Sep 1997; Related Information: Is Part Of Proceedings of a workshop on methods for neutron scattering instrumentation design; Hjelm, R.P. [ed.] [Los Alamos National Lab., NM (United States)]; PB: 150 p.
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab., CA (United States); Los Alamos National Lab., NM (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 66 PHYSICS; 44 INSTRUMENTATION, INCLUDING NUCLEAR AND PARTICLE DETECTORS; PULSED NEUTRON TECHNIQUES; NEUTRON SOURCES; DESIGN; COLD NEUTRONS; NEUTRON SPECTROMETERS; NEUTRON DIFFRACTOMETERS; BEAM SPLITTING
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.