The origin of pressure inhomogeneities at early stages of fuel-coolant interaction and melt fragmentation criteria
It is proposed the mechanism of melt fragmentation by fuel-coolant interaction (vapor explosion). The criteria of melt surface fragmentation are formulated for cases subcritical and supercritical temperatures of melt-coolant contact surface. These criteria are in agreement with know experimental data about small scale spontaneous and triggered vapor explosions. 8 refs.
- Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Moscow (Russian Federation)
- Elektrogorsk Reserch and Engineering Centre, Moscow (Russian Federation) [and others
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: ARS `97: American Nuclear Society (ANS) international meeting on advanced reactors safety, Orlando, FL (United States), 1-5 Jun 1997; Other Information: PBD: 1997; Related Information: Is Part Of Proceedings of the international topical meeting on advanced reactors safety: Volume 2; PB: 715 p.
- American Nuclear Society, Inc., La Grange Park, IL (United States)
- Research Org:
- American Nuclear Society, La Grange Park, IL (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 22 NUCLEAR REACTOR TECHNOLOGY; CORIUM; FRAGMENTATION; SURFACE PROPERTIES; DENSITY; COOLANTS; FUEL-COOLANT INTERACTIONS; CHEMICAL EXPLOSIONS