Future high energy colliders symposium. Summary report
A `Future High Energy Colliders` Symposium was held October 21-25, 1996 at the Institute for Theoretical Physics (ITP) in Santa Barbara. This was one of the 3 symposia hosted by the ITP and supported by its sponsor, the National Science Foundation, as part of a 5 month program on `New Ideas for Particle Accelerators`. The long term program and symposia were organized and coordinated by Dr. Zohreh Parsa of Brookhaven National Laboratory/ITP. The purpose of the symposium was to discuss the future direction of high energy physics by bringing together leaders from the theoretical, experimental and accelerator physics communities. Their talks provided personal perspectives on the physics objectives and the technology demands of future high energy colliders. Collectively, they formed a vision for where the field should be heading and how it might best reach its objectives.
- Univ. of California, Santa Barbara, CA (United States). Institute for Theoretical Physics|[Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, CA (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- BNL--52524-Summ.; CONF-961038--Summ.
ON: DE97006091; TRN: 97:010444
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: Symposium on future high energy colliders, Santa Barbara, CA (United States), 21-25 Oct 1996; Other Information: PBD: 1996
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Energy Research, Washington, DC (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; ACCELERATORS; MEETINGS; DESIGN; COLLIDING BEAMS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.