Numerical conformal mapping methods for exterior and doubly connected regions
Methods are presented and analyzed for approximating the conformal map from the exterior of the disk to the exterior a smooth, simple closed curve and from an annulus to a bounded, doubly connected region with smooth boundaries. The methods are Newton-like methods for computing the boundary correspondences and conformal moduli similar to Fornberg`s method for the interior of the disk. We show that the linear systems are discretizations of the identity plus a compact operator and, hence, that the conjugate gradient method converges superlinearly.
- Wichita State Univ., KS (United States)
- Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
ON: DE96015306; CNN: Grant OSR-9255223; TRN: 97:000720-0068
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: Copper Mountain conference on iterative methods, Copper Mountain, CO (United States), 9-13 Apr 1996; Other Information: PBD: ; Related Information: Is Part Of Copper Mountain conference on iterative methods: Proceedings: Volume 1; PB: 422 p.
- Research Org:
- Front Range Scientific Computations, Inc., Lakewood, CO (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 99 MATHEMATICS, COMPUTERS, INFORMATION SCIENCE, MANAGEMENT, LAW, MISCELLANEOUS; ITERATIVE METHODS; CONFORMAL MAPPING; EIGENVALUES; MATHEMATICAL MODELS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.