Acoustic Doppler current profiling from the JGOFS Arabian Sea cruises aboard the RV T.G. Thompson
Acoustic Doppler current profiler (ADCP) data is part of the core data for the US JGOFS Arabian Sea project, along with hydrographic and nutrient data. Seventeen cruises are scheduled to take place between September 1994 and January 1996 on the R/V T.G. Thompson. Seven of the cruises follow a standard cruise track, taking hydrographic, chemical and biological measurements. The rest of the cruises, which take place generally within the standard cruise region defined by a set track, are for the deployment and recovery of moored equipment and towing of a SeaSoar. Detailed description of ADCP hardware, the AutoADCP data acquisition system, and the collection of navigation and compass data on the Thompson is documented in Section 2. Followed by data collection for each cruise together with a cruise track, Section 3 presents the processing and analysis of velocity and acoustic backscatter intensity data. Section 5 shows results of profile quality diagnosis.
- Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, NY (United States). Oceanographic and Atmospheric Sciences Div.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
ON: DE97001799; TRN: AHC29702%%42
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Resource Relation:
- Other Information: PBD: Dec 1996
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Lab., Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Energy Research, Washington, DC (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES; ARABIAN SEA; OCEANOGRAPHY; WATER CHEMISTRY; BASELINE ECOLOGY; AQUATIC ORGANISMS; MONITORING; DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEMS; DOPPLER EFFECT; WATER CURRENTS; DATA ANALYSIS; EXPERIMENTAL DATA
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.