What future for nuclear power? Workshop report
A Workshop on this highly controversial subject, organized by the Energy and Environment Programme of the RIIA, was held on 10th November 1997 at Green College, Oxford. The meeting was attended by some forty people from eight countries, coming from the nuclear and electricity generating industry, governments, research organizations, academic institutions, environmental pressure groups and inter-governmental organizations. In addition, subsequent to this Workshop, there have been a number of smaller, more informal discussions on various aspects of the subject. This paper summarizes the main conclusions arising from the Workshop and from these later discussions.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- LA-SUB--98-60; CONF-9711224--Summ.
ON: DE99001698; TRN: 99:003237
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: What future for nuclear power? workshop, Oxford (United Kingdom), 10 Nov 1997; Other Information: PBD: 
- Research Org:
- Los Alamos National Lab., NM (United States);Royal Inst. of International Affairs, London (United Kingdom)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Assistant Secretary for Human Resources and Administration, Washington, DC (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 29 ENERGY PLANNING AND POLICY; MEETINGS; NUCLEAR POWER; NUCLEAR ENERGY; ENERGY SOURCE DEVELOPMENT; PUBLIC RELATIONS; RADIOACTIVE WASTES; EVALUATION; GLOBAL ASPECTS; GREENHOUSE EFFECT
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.