Driver performance data acquisition system for ergonomics research
A portable ergonomics data acquisition system consisting of state-of-the-art hardware being designed is described here. It will be employed to record driver, vehicle, and environment parameter data from a wide range of vehicles and trucks. The system will be unobtrusive to the driver and inconspicuous to the outside world. It will have three modes of data gathering and provide for extended periods of data collection. Modularity, flexibility, and cost will be key drivers in the development effort. The ergonomics data acquisition system project is being conducted in two phases--a feasibility study and a development, construction, and validation phase.
- Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (United States). Engineering Physics and Mathematics Div.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, DC (United States). Office of Crash Avoidance Research
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
ON: DE95006535; TRN: AHC29510%%110
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: International Ergonomics Association workshop, Toronto (Canada), 15-19 Aug 1994; Other Information: PBD: 
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Department of Transportation, Washington, DC (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 32 ENERGY CONSERVATION, CONSUMPTION, AND UTILIZATION; MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATORS; PERFORMANCE; VEHICLES; HUMAN FACTORS ENGINEERING; ENERGY EFFICIENCY
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.