How large is the gluon polarization in the statistical parton distributions approach?
We review the theoretical foundations of the quantum statistical approach to parton distributions and we show that by using some recent experimental results from Deep Inelastic Scattering, we are able to improve the description of the data by means of a new determination of the parton distributions. We will see that a large gluon polarization emerges, giving a significant contribution to the proton spin.
- Physics Department, Temple University, 1835 N, 12 Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122-6082 (United States)
- Aix-Marseille Université, Département de Physique, Faculté des Sciences, site de Luminy, 13288 Marseille, Cedex 09 (France)
- INFN, Sezine di Napoli, Via Cintia, Napoli, I-80126 (Italy)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Resource Type:
- Journal Article
- Resource Relation:
- Journal Name: AIP Conference Proceedings; Journal Volume: 1654; Journal Issue: 1; Conference: DIFFRACTION 2014: International Workshop on Diffraction in High-Energy Physics, Primosten (Croatia), 10-16 Sep 2014; Other Information: (c) 2015 AIP Publishing LLC; Country of input: International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS; DEEP INELASTIC SCATTERING; GLUONS; PARTICLE STRUCTURE; POLARIZATION; PROTONS; QUARKS; REVIEWS; SPIN