Deeply virtual Compton scattering: How to test handbag dominance?
We propose detailed tests of the handbag approximation in exclusive deeply virtual Compton scattering. Those tests make no use of any prejudice about parton correlations in the proton which are basically unknown objects and beyond the scope of perturbative QCD. Since important information on the proton substructure can be gained in the regime of light cone dominance we consider that such a class of tests is of special relevance.
- NIKHEF, P.O. Box 41882, 1009 DB Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- CPhT, Ecole Polytechnique, 91128 Palaiseau (France)
- Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Resource Type:
- Journal Article
- Resource Relation:
- Journal Name: AIP Conference Proceedings; Journal Volume: 432; Journal Issue: 1; Conference: 7. international conference on hadron spectroscopy, Upton, NY (United States), 25-30 Aug 1997; Other Information: DOI: 10.1063/1.56099; (c) 1998 American Institute of Physics; Country of input: International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; APPROXIMATIONS; COMPTON EFFECT; CORRELATIONS; GLUONS; HELICITY; LIGHT CONE; PERTURBATION THEORY; PROTONS; QUANTUM CHROMODYNAMICS; QUARK-ANTIQUARK INTERACTIONS; QUARKS; S MATRIX