Dynamic vibration absorber using magnetic spring and damper
This paper describes a dynamic vibration absorber based on a magnetic spring and damper system. A pair of double cylindrical magnets face each other across a gap, with one magnet fixed to the target structure and the other to the moving mass of the dynamic vibration absorber. The magnetic restoring force characteristics of the proposed system are examined through static loading tests and analysis. The dynamic characteristics are also tested in vibration tests. Furthermore, application of the proposed dynamic vibration absorber to a rotating machinery model demonstrates that the system gives effective two-dimensional vibration control.
- Toshiba Corp., Kawasaki (Japan). Nuclear Engineering Lab.
- Toshiba Corp., Yokohama (Japan). Nuclear Energy Group
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
ISBN 0-7918-1343-6; TRN: IM9605%%402
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: Joint American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)/Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME) pressure vessels and piping conference, Honolulu, HI (United States), 23-27 Jul 1995; Other Information: PBD: 1995; Related Information: Is Part Of Seismic engineering 1995. PVP-Volume 312; Ma, D.C. [ed.] [Argonne National Lab., IL (United States)]; Suzuki, K. [ed.] [Tokyo Metropolitan Univ., Hachioji, Tokyo (Japan)]; Aggrawal, M.L. [ed.] [and others]; PB: 470 p.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING NOT INCLUDED IN OTHER CATEGORIES; SHOCK ABSORBERS; DESIGN; PERFORMANCE; TURBOMACHINERY; SEISMIC ISOLATION; MECHANICAL VIBRATIONS; DAMPING; MAGNETIC FIELDS; STATIC LOADS; OPERATION; MECHANICAL TESTS