THE RHIC INJECTION SYSTEM.
The RHIC injection system has to transport beam from the AGS-to-RHIC transfer line onto the closed orbits of the RHIC Blue and Yellow rings. This task can be divided into three problems. First, the beam has to be injected into either ring. Second, once injected the beam needs to be transported around the ring for one turn. Third, the orbit must be closed and coherent beam oscillations around the closed orbit should be minimized. We describe our solutions for these problems and report on system tests conducted during the RHIC Sextant test performed in 1997. The system will be fully commissioned in 1999.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
R&D Project: RC1000; KB0202000; TRN: US0502719
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 1999 PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE, NEW YORK, NY (US), 03/29/1999--04/02/1999; Other Information: PBD: 29 Mar 1999
- INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS, PISCATAWAY, N.J.
- Research Org:
- BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY (US)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Energy Research (ER) (US)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; ACCELERATORS; OSCILLATIONS; TRANSPORT
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.