Ambient air monitoring to support HLW repository site characterization
Site characterization at the Yucca Mountain site includes an ambient air quality and meteorological monitoring program to provide information for environmental and site characterization issues. The program is designed to provide data for four basic purposes: Atmospheric dispersion calculations to estimate impacts of possible airborne releases of radiological material; Engineering design and extreme weather event characterization; Local climate studies for environmental impact analyses and climate characterization; and, Air quality permits required for site characterization work. The program is compiling a database that will provide the basis for analyses and reporting related to the purposes of the program. Except for reporting particulate matter and limited meteorological data to the State of Nevada for an air quality permit condition, the data have yet to be formally analyzed and reported.
- Science Applications International Corp., Las Vegas, NV (United States)
- Department of Energy, Las Vegas, NV (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 10. international high-level radioactive waste management conference, Las Vegas, NV (United States), 25-29 Apr 1993; Other Information: PBD: 1993; Related Information: Is Part Of High Level Radioactive Waste Management: Proceedings; Volume 2; PB: 1090 p.
- American Nuclear Society, Inc., La Grange Park, IL (United States)
- Research Org:
- American Nuclear Society, La Grange Park, IL (United States); American Society of Civil Engineers, New York, NY (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 05 NUCLEAR FUELS; 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES; AIR QUALITY; MONITORING; YUCCA MOUNTAIN; SITE CHARACTERIZATION; METEOROLOGY; RADIOACTIVE WASTE MANAGEMENT; Yucca Mountain Project