Time resolved 3D momentum imaging of ultrafast dynamics by coherent VUV-XUV radiation
Have we present a new experimental setup for measuring ultrafast nuclear and electron dynamics of molecules after photo-excitation and ionization. We combine a high flux femtosecond vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) and extreme ultraviolet (XUV) source with an internally cold molecular beam and a 3D momentum imaging particle spectrometer to measure electrons and ions in coincidence. We describe a variety of tools developed to perform pump-probe studies in the VUV-XUV spectrum and to modify and characterize the photon beam. First benchmark experiments are presented to demonstrate the capabilities of the system.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States). Ultrafast X-Ray Science Lab.; Univ. Frankfurt (Germany). Inst. fur Kernphysik
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States). Ultrafast X-Ray Science Lab.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States). Ultrafast X-Ray Science Lab.; Extreme Light Infrastructure Attosecond Light Pulse Source (ELI-ALPS), Szeged (Hungary)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Review of Scientific Instruments
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 87; Journal Issue: 6; Journal ID: ISSN 0034-6748
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 46 INSTRUMENTATION RELATED TO NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY; Photons; Mirrors; Ionization; Fluid jets; Laser beams
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.