Competing phases, phase separation, and coexistence in the extended one-dimensional bosonic Hubbard model
Here, we study the phase diagram of the one-dimensional bosonic Hubbard model with contact (U) and near neighbor (V ) interactions focusing on the gapped Haldane insulating (HI) phase which is characterized by an exotic nonlocal order parameter. The parameter regime (U, V and μ) where this phase exists and how it competes with other phases such as the supersolid (SS) phase, is incompletely understood. We use the Stochastic Green Function quantum Monte Carlo algorithm as well as the density matrix renormalization group to map out the phase diagram. The HI exists only at = 1, the SS phase exists for a very wide range of parameters (including commensurate fillings) and displays power law decay in the one body Green function were our main conclusions. Additionally, we show that at fixed integer density, the system exhibits phase separation in the (U, V ) plane.
- Univ. of Nice (France). Non-Linear Institute of Nice (INLN); Inst. Univ. of France, Paris (France); National Univ. of Singapore (Singapore). Centre for Quantum Technologies
- Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge, LA (United States). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
- Univ. of California, Davis, CA (United States). Physics Dept.
- National Univ. of Singapore (Singapore). Centre for Quantum Technologies; Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris (France); CNRS-UNS-NUS-NTU International Joint Research Unit (Singapore). Merlion MajuLab; National Univ. of Singapore (Singapore). Dept. of Physics
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- NA0001842; NA0001842-0
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Physical Review. B, Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 90; Journal Issue: 20; Journal ID: ISSN 1098-0121
- American Physical Society (APS)
- Research Org:
- Univ. of California, Davis, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 75 CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS, SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND SUPERFLUIDITY
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.