Neutral B-Meson Mixing Parameters in and beyond the SM with 2+1 Flavor Lattice QCD
We report on the status of our calculation of the hadronic matrix elements for neutral $B$-meson mixing with asqtad sea and valence light quarks and using the Wilson clover action with the Fermilab interpretation for the $b$ quark. We calculate the matrix elements of all five local operators that contribute to neutral $B$-meson mixing both in and beyond the Standard Model. We use MILC ensembles with $$N_f=2+1$$ dynamical flavors at four different lattice spacings in the range $$a \approx 0.045$$--$0.12$~fm, and with light sea-quark masses as low as 0.05 times the physical strange quark mass. We perform a combined chiral-continuum extrapolation including the so-called wrong-spin contributions in simultaneous fits to the matrix elements of the five operators. We present a complete systematic error budget and conclude with an outlook for obtaining final results from this analysis.
- William-Mary Coll.
- Art Inst. of Chicago
- Washington U., St. Louis
- Illinois U., Urbana
- Granada U., Theor. Phys. Astrophys.
- Munich, Tech. U.
- Syracuse U.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- FERMILAB-CONF-14-520-T; arXiv:1412.5097
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Journal Name: PoS; Journal Volume: LATTICE2014; Conference: 32nd International Symposium on Lattice Field Theory, Brookhaven, NY, USA, 06/23-06/28/2014
- Research Org:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (FNAL), Batavia, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), High Energy Physics (HEP) (SC-25)
- Contributing Orgs:
- Fermilab Lattice; MILC
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.