Bootstrapping 3D fermions
We study the conformal bootstrap for a 4-point function of fermions in 3D. We first introduce an embedding formalism for 3D spinors and compute the conformal blocks appearing in fermion 4-point functions. Using these results, we find general bounds on the dimensions of operators appearing in the ψ × ψ OPE, and also on the central charge C T. We observe features in our bounds that coincide with scaling dimensions in the GrossNeveu models at large N. Finally, we also speculate that other features could coincide with a fermionic CFT containing no relevant scalar operators.
- Princeton Univ., NJ (United States). Joseph Henry Lab.
- Yale Univ., New Haven, CT (United States). Dept. of Physics
- Inst. for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ (United States). School of Natural Sciences
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- SC0009988; PHY-1418069; PHY-1350180; PHY-1066293
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of High Energy Physics (Online)
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Name: Journal of High Energy Physics (Online); Journal Volume: 2016; Journal Issue: 3; Journal ID: ISSN 1029-8479
- Springer Berlin
- Research Org:
- Inst. for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ (United States); Princeton Univ., NJ (United States); Yale Univ., New Haven, CT (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE; National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; conformal and W symmetry; nonperturbative effects
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.