Corrigendum to ‘Evidence for shock heating and constraints on Martian surface temperatures revealed by 40Ar/39Ar thermochronometry of Martian meteorites’ [Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta (2010) 6900–6920]
Here, the authors regret they have discovered errors in Eq. (3) and in a spreadsheet used to calculate cosmogenic exposure ages shown in Table 1. Eq. (3) is missing a term. The spreadsheet errors concerned an incorrect cell reference and application of Eq. (3). Correction of these errors results in ~15–20% changes to the exposure ages of all samples, minor (generally <0.2%) changes to the radioisotopic ages of some samples (those that entailed a correction for chlorine-derived 38Ar calculated based on the exposure age; see Section 3.3), and statistically insignificant changes to the inferred trapped components identified through isochron analyses. These modifications have no impact on the modeling, discussions, or conclusions in the paper, nor do the changes to radioisotopic ages exceed the 1 sigma uncertainties.
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States). Chemical Sciences Div.
- Univ. of California, Berkeley, CA (United States). Dept. of Earth and Planetary Science; Berkeley Geochronology Center, Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Berkeley Geochronology Center, Berkeley, CA (United States); Univ. of California, Berkeley, CA (United States). Dept. of Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Massachusetts Inst. of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA (United States). Dept. of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0016-7037
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 148; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0016-7037
- The Geochemical Society; The Meteoritical Society
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab. (LLNL), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 79 ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS; 58 GEOSCIENCES
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.