Au and Pt nanoparticle supported catalysts tailored for H-2 production: From models to powder catalysts
The use of metal nanoparticles (NPs), including Au and Pt, supported over oxides has been pivotal, and is ever increasing in enabling catalytic reactions which target the production of hydrogen. We review here the most recent works pertaining to the fundamental understanding of the structure, morphology, growth, characterization, and intrinsic phenomenological properties of Au– and Pt– based catalysts that influence the reactivity and selectivity to target hydrogen production. We draw on surface science and theoretical methods of model and powder catalysts using high resolution imaging, spectroscopy, scattering experiments, and theoretical studies. Based on these insights we identify key aspects of studies of supported metal nanoparticle (NP) catalysts for several reactions. The main focus of this review is on the intersection of catalytic chemistry related to the water-gas shift (WGS), oxygenate steam reforming (OSR), and solarassisted reactions (SAR).
- James Madison Univ., Harrisonburg, VA (United States)
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States); Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States)
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0926-860X; R&D Project: CO009; KC0302010
- Grant/Contract Number:
- SC00112704; SC0012704.
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Applied Catalysis. A, General
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 518; Journal ID: ISSN 0926-860X
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; Gold; platinum; supported catalyst; water-gas shift; steam reforming; water splitting
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.