Nuclear reaction analysis for H, Li, Be, B, C, N, O and F with an RBS check
In this paper, 15N nuclear reaction analysis (NRA) for H is combined with 1.2 MeV deuteron (D) NRA which provides a simultaneous analysis for Li, Be, B, C, N, O and F. The energy dependence of the D NRA has been measured and used to correct for the D energy loss in film being analyzed. A 2 MeV He RBS measurement is made. Film composition is determined by a self-consistent analysis of the light element NRA data combined with an RBS analysis for heavy elements. This composition is used to simulate, with no adjustable parameters, the complete RBS spectrum. Finally, comparison of this simulated RBS spectrum with the measured spectrum provides a powerful check of the analysis.
- Univ. at Albany, SUNY, NY (United States). Physics Dept.
- Univ. of Missouri-Kansas City, MO (United States). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
- Univ. of Helsinki (Finland). Dept. of Chemistry
- Univ. of Oslo (Norway). Dept. of Chemistry
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Solid State Division
- Univ. of Texas, Austin, TX (United States). Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR (United States). Logic Technology Development
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research. Section B, Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 371; Journal ID: ISSN 0168-583X
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 73 NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND RADIATION PHYSICS; 38 RADIATION CHEMISTRY, RADIOCHEMISTRY, AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY; NRA; Light elements; Electronic materials
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.