System Study: High-Pressure Core Spray 1998-2014
This report presents an unreliability evaluation of the high-pressure core spray (HPCS) at eight U.S. commercial boiling water reactors. Demand, run hours, and failure data from fiscal year 1998 through 2014 for selected components were obtained from the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) Consolidated Events Database (ICES). The unreliability results are trended for the most recent 10 year period, while yearly estimates for system unreliability are provided for the entire active period. No statistically significant increasing or decreasing trends were identified in the HPCS results.
- Idaho National Lab. (INL), Idaho Falls, ID (United States). Risk Assessment and Management Services Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- AC07-05ID14517; NRC-HQ-14-D-0018
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- Idaho National Lab. (INL), Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE; US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 21 SPECIFIC NUCLEAR REACTORS AND ASSOCIATED PLANTS; PRESSURE RANGE MEGA PA 01-10; BWR TYPE REACTORS; CORE SPRAY SYSTEMS; DEMAND; EVALUATION; FAILURES; RELIABILITY; REGRESSION ANALYSIS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.