System Study: Emergency Power System 1998-2014
This report presents an unreliability evaluation of the emergency power system (EPS) at 104 U.S. commercial nuclear power plants. Demand, run hours, and failure data from fiscal year 1998 through 2014 for selected components were obtained from the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) Consolidated Events Database (ICES). The unreliability results are trended for the most recent 10 year period while yearly estimates for system unreliability are provided for the entire active period. An extremely statistically significant increasing trend was observed for EPS system unreliability for an 8-hour mission. A statistically significant increasing trend was observed for EPS system start-only unreliability.
- Idaho National Lab. (INL), Idaho Falls, ID (United States). Risk Assessment and Management Services Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- AC07-05ID14517; NRC-HQ-14-D-0018
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- Idaho National Lab. (INL), Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE; US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 21 SPECIFIC NUCLEAR REACTORS AND ASSOCIATED PLANTS; ON-SITE POWER GENERATION; POWER SUPPLIES; NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS; ACCIDENTS; DEMAND; EVALUATION; FAILURES; RELIABILITY
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.