Forming giant-sized polymersomes using gel-assisted rehydration
Here, we present a protocol to rapidly form giant polymer vesicles ( pGVs). Briefly, polymer solutions are dehydrated on dried agarose films adhered to coverslips. Rehydration of the polymer films results in rapid formation of pGVs. This method greatly advances the preparation of synthetic giant vesicles for direct applications in biomimetic studies.
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-CA), Livermore, CA (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 1940-087X; jove; 621961
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of Visualized Experiments
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Issue: 111; Journal ID: ISSN 1940-087X
- MyJoVE Corp.
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States); Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; polymersome; gel; vesicle; rehydration; polymer; membrane
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.