The double well mass filter
Various mass filter concepts based on rotating plasmas have been suggested with the specific purpose of nuclear waste remediation. We report on a new rotating mass filter combining radial separation with axial extraction. Lastly, the radial separation of the masses is the result of a “double-well” in effective radial potential in rotating plasma with a sheared rotation profile.
- Princeton Univ., Princeton, NJ (United States). Princeton Plasma Physics Lab.
- Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau (France)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Physics of Plasmas
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 21; Journal Issue: 2; Journal ID: ISSN 1070-664X
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Research Org:
- Princeton Univ., NJ (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 12 MANAGEMENT OF RADIOACTIVE AND NON-RADIOACTIVE WASTES FROM NUCLEAR FACILITIES; magnetic fields; diffusion; atomic mass; plasma temperature; polynomials
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.