From Ξb→Λbπ to Ξc→Λcπ
Using a successful framework for describing S-wave hadronic decays of light hyperons induced by a subprocess s -> u((u) over bard), we presented recently a model-independent calculation of the amplitude and branching ratio for Xi(-)(b) -> Lambda(b)pi(-) in agreement with a LHCb measurement. The same quark process contributes to Xi(0)(c) -> Lambda(c)pi(-), while a second term from the subprocess cs -> cd has been related by Voloshin to differences among total decay rates of charmed baryons. We calculate this term and find it to have a magnitude approximately equal to the s -> u((u) over bard) term. We argue for a negligible relative phase between these two contributions, potentially due to final state interactions. However, we do not know whether they interfere destructively or constructively. For constructive interference one predicts B(Xi(0)(c) -> Lambda(c)pi(-)) = (1.94 +/- 0.70) x 10(-3) and B(Xi(+)(c) -> Lambda(c)pi(0)) = (3.86 +/- 1.35) x 10(-3). For destructive interference, the respective branching fractions are expected to be less than about 10(-4) and 2 x 10(-4). (C) 2016 The Authors. Published by Elsevier B.V. This is an open access article under the CC BY license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/). Funded by SCOAP(3).
- Technion Institute of Technology, Haifa (Israel). Physics Dept.
- Univ. of Chicago, Chicago, IL (United States). Enrico Fermi Institute and Dept. of Physics
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- Physics Letters. Section B
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 757; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693
- Research Org:
- Univ. of Chicago, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS; nonleptonic hyperon decay; heavy baryons; weak decays
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.