The structural and magnetic phase transitions in Ca0.73La0.27FeAs2 with electron overdoped FeAs layers.
Here we report a study of the Ca0.73La0.27FeAs2 single crystals. We unravel a monoclinic to triclinic phase transition at 58 K, and a paramagnetic to stripe antiferromagnetic (AFM) phase transition at 54 K, below which spins order 45° away from the stripe direction. Furthermore, we demonstrate this material is substantially structurally untwinned at ambient pressure with the formation of spin rotation walls (S-walls). Finally, in addition to the central-hole and corner-electron Fermi pockets usually appearing in FPS, angle-resolved photoemission (ARPES) measurements resolve a Fermiology where an extra electron pocket of mainly As chain character exists at the Brillouin zone edge.
- Univ. of California, Los Angeles, CA (United States). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy and California NanoSystems Inst.
- South Univ. of Science and Technology of China, Shenzhen (China). Dept. of Physics
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Quantum Condensed Matter Division
- Rutgers Univ., Piscataway, NJ (United States). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States). Materials Science Division
- Columbia Univ., New York, NY (United States). Dept. of Physics
- Ames Lab. and Iowa State Univ., Ames, IA (United States). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States). Materials Science Division; Northern Illinois Univ., DeKalb, IL (United States). Dept. of Physics
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), Harwell Campus, Oxford (United Kingdom). Diamond Light Source, Ltd.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0163-1829; 124440
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC02-06CH11357; SC0011978; AC02-07CH11358; DMR-1436095; DMR-1435918; DMR-1105961
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Physical Review, B: Condensed Matter
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 93; Journal Issue: 5; Journal ID: ISSN 0163-1829
- American Physical Society (APS)
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States); Ames Laboratory (AMES), Ames, IA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22); National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 75 CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS, SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND SUPERFLUIDITY; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS; single crystals
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.