El Paso County Geothermal Project at Fort Bliss. Final Project Report
The El Paso County Geothermal Project at Fort Bliss was an effort to determine the scale and scope of geothermal resources previously identified on Fort Bliss’ McGregor Range in southern Otero County, New Mexico. The project was funded with a $5,000,000 grant to El Paso County from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and a $4,812,500 match provided by private sector partners. The project was administered through the DOE Golden Field Office to awardee El Paso County. The primary subcontractor to El Paso County and project Principal Investigator - Ruby Mountain Inc. (RMI) of Salt Lake City, Utah - assembled the project team consisting of Evergreen Clean Energy Management (ECEM) of Provo, Utah, and the Energy & Geoscience Institute at the University of Utah (EGI) in Salt Lake City, UT to complete the final phases of the project. The project formally began in May of 2010 and consisted of two preliminary phases of data collection and evaluation which culminated in the identification of a drilling site for a Resource Confirmation Well on McGregor Range. Well RMI 56-5 was drilled May and June 2013 to a depth of 3,030 ft.more »
- Ruby Mountain Inc., Salt Lake City, UT (United State)
- Evergreen Clean Energy Management, Provo, UT (United States)
- Univ. of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT (United States). Energy and Geoscience Inst.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Resource Relation:
- Related Information: Exploration, Drilling and Technology Demonstration at Fort Bliss;Authors: B. Barker, J. Moore, M. Segall, G. Nash, S. Simmons, C. Jones, J. Lear & C. Bennett; Full Paper Presented at the 39th Workshop on Geothermal Reservoir Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, February 2014.; Multimodal Geothermal Development in the Tularosa Basin, NM;Authors: Benjamin Barker, Gregory Nash, Joseph Moore & Carlon Bennett; Full Paper Presented at the 40th Workshop on Geothermal Reservoir Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, January 2015.
- Research Org:
- El Paso County, TX (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), Geothermal Technologies Office (EE-4G)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 15 GEOTHERMAL ENERGY geothermal exploration; Tularosa Basin; Davis Dome; Ruby Mountain; RMI 56-5; JDF-3; McGregor Range; QEMScan Mineral Maps; Quantitative Mineralogy
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.