This content will become publicly available on October 10, 2014
Shooting string holography of jet quenching at RHIC and LHC
We derive a new formula for jet energy loss using finite endpoint momentum shooting strings initial conditions in SYM plasmas to overcome the difficulties of previous falling string holographic scenarios. We apply the new formula to compute the nuclear modification factor RAA and the elliptic flow parameter v2 of light hadrons at RHIC and LHC. We show furthermore that Gauss–Bonnet quadratic curvature corrections to the AdS5 geometry improve the agreement with the recent data.
- Columbia University, New York, NY (United States)
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ (United States). Joseph Henry Laboratorie.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- FG02-93ER40764; FG02-91ER40671
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- Physics Letters. Section B
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 738; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693
- Research Org:
- Columbia University, New York, NY (United States). Dept. of Physics; Princeton University, Princeton, NJ (United States). Joseph Henry Laboratories.
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; heavy ion collisions; quark–gluon plasma; energy loss; light quarks; AdS/CFT correspondence
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.